cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: "Something Has Gone Wrong" Error

marvinp
Local Performer

same problem here...  I get the something wrong message, but music is playing... I am on a HP ProDesk pc running windows 10.... so now I cannot change stations... I open pandora and it flashes the station for a second when it starts playing, then flashes over to the something wrong which I cannot get rid of

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @marvinp. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this error message. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to the Desktop section.

Please try running through the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser to see if it helps. 

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

You can also try using a different browser to determine whether the issue is browser-related. Let me know how it goes with your specific browser and whether you continue to have trouble. 

++

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting:

Hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

62 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @marvinp. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this error message. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to the Desktop section.

Please try running through the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser to see if it helps. 

You can also try using a different browser to determine whether the issue is browser-related. Let me know how it goes with your specific browser and whether you continue to have trouble. 

++

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting:

Hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

@AlyssaPandora   I noticed this problem with my own Pandora desktop app. I have also made note of it when it occurs. The only time I receive this message is when my Wi-Fi signal becomes weak. My music will still play through the song that is currently playing. However the next song will not automatically play next, I have to manually get it to play. This problem only occurs when the Wi-Fi signal becomes weak. When my Wi-Fi signal is strong their are no issues with my Pandora desktop app. I just thought you would like to know. Perhaps you could have others try and take note of their Pandora desktop app. Thank you for your time, take care and stay safe. 

P.S In case you did not know, since I un-installed my Google Chrome browser I have had no major playback issues with my Pandora desktop app. I now use Microsoft Edge as my browser. Have a great week.   

MOHLovesAlaska

fredj59
Underground

this is the standard answer to anyone not running your app on a pc.  i have received it every time i ask a question.  the pc interface is horrible.  playlists are not even a feature.  the pandora apps for phone & tablet are great.

i have paid for pandora for 10 years now, and this has only happened in the last couple of years.  there should be better explanations on what to do for those using a browser.  something better than a canned answer would be nice.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @fredj59. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. You can access playlists from a web browser or the Pandora Desktop app on your computer.

I would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser to see if it helps.

If you continue to have trouble, I can also escalate your issue to our User Support team so that we can run a web diagnostic by sending over a link via email.

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

DavidWier
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. First I thought it was my own music but when I try to play any songs on my station by themselves, I also get the error.

Any time I try to play an album or a song by clicking on the arrow to the left, I get the 'Oops' message - 'Something has gone wrong. Please try again later.'

I have a PC with Windows 10 and I'm using the latest version of Chrome, accessing from the website.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I don't understand the message that pops on my screen saying something's gone wrong. I'm doing good with my stations fine tuning 'em and I fix things pretty quick when I noticed I accidentally thumb up more than one song on a CD. Anyways, what does the message mean anyways? It came up on my old laptop alot too.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Does that error message pop up?

Also, if you are on a computer, are you listening from:

• A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I use Microsoft Edge which is what I used on my old laptop. It comes up every once in awhile on this browser. I'm using a Windows 10 laptop.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @DavidWier. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread as it sounds like you're using a computer when this happens: Web: "Something Has Gone Wrong" Error

Based on your message, it appears that this happes when you attempt to initiate a complimentary session of Premium to listen to content on-demand. I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with our engineering team. 

I would also check to see if you have an adblocker enabled. You can find out more details about that here: Allowlisting Pandora with an Ad Blocker

Let's try running through the standard troubleshooting steps - except for updating to the newest version, as you mentioned you're already on the latest: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know how how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Listener001.

I moved your post into this thread since you are now reporting a separate issue: Web: "Something Has Gone Wrong" Error

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Edge Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

avvarurishi123
Local Performer

using macbook pro 13 inch . pandora website always showing "oops something wrong " all the time whenever i click on a button. I am **ahem** tired of it. You guys have a very good hip-hop music station. Please fix it as soon as possible. i am a software developer and i might be able to help you.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @avvarurishi123. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this error message. Please try running through the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser to see if it helps. 

You can also try using a different browser to determine whether the issue is browser-related. Let me know how it goes with your specific browser and whether you continue to have trouble. 🎧

0 Kudos

langejos
Local Performer

Whenever I try to play a specific song or album on the desktop (browser), I get:

"Something has gone wrong. We're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon."

Radio seems to play fine. I'm pretty frustrated that it seems to work on the mobile but not through the web app.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@langejos Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

mancillaj
Local Performer

At the end of a song or after a commercial, Pandora stops. I have to click on play again, and when I do an alert pops up stating "Something has gone wrong. We're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon.

mancillaj_0-1635946575076.png

This was happening with chrome, on Windows10, while at Pandora.com so I installed and switched to the chrome extension, and it's still happening.

This just started happening about 1 month ago and has been steadily getting worse.

Any suggestions?
Steve

0 Kudos

mancillaj
Local Performer

This is the error that comes up at the top of the screen.

mancillaj_0-1635946511246.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mancillaj I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this. 

0 Kudos

mancillaj
Local Performer

I stated above which browsers I was using.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mancillaj I do see you mentioned you were using Chrome.

Were you able to run through the troubleshooting steps I linked above? If not, here they are once more: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos