Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Ability to report catalog or bug issues through app

Ideas: Ability to report catalog or bug issues through app

Gornicus
Underground

Greetings,

As an avid Pandora user, I (like many others I presume) spend a decent amount of time & energy to curate my various stations. 

In my efforts I have occasionally come across some incorrectly labeled bands/songs/albums...  I believe this happens when more than one band/artist share a (similar) name; however, this can cause some havoc when streamlining a station for a specific genre.

For example, my station, "Goes to 11" features various metal and rock bands.  While delving into some doom metal bands I came across 'Funeral', a Norwegian Funeral Doom Metal band.  To my pleasure, Pandora has them as an available artist (unfortunately Orodruin is not - sad face); however, clicking on their artist page seems to feature what appears to be a rap/hip-hop act named 'Funeral' with a single song "Die Lit" (with the rest of Norway's 'Funeral' doom metal albums beneath.  Mind you, I have no problem with rap/hip-hop but (if I liked this song) I'd categorize it under my 'What? Yeah! Okaaaaaay!" station.  Please note that this isn't the only time that I have come across an error such as this.

Might Pandora consider adding a feature where listeners can "report" when a song/artist/album seems to be mislabeled or grouped incorrectly.  These reports could then be reviewed for accuracy and corrections made as appropriate.

Thank you for your time and consideration, I love the service!

~Gorn

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
74 Comments
JackPhantom
On the Rise

The issue seems to be that there are two bands named "Funeral", and a computer can't discern between genres.

This can happen: "Covenant" is an electro band from Sweden, but there's also I think a country Christian band as well as a death metal band by that name as well. You can't fault the system for not immediately knowing this, I mean if you were searching for "Funeral" how would you indicate to the system you wanted the one band versus the other?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

@Gornicus That sounds like a great idea - let's see what the community has to say about this one! 

TheDudeHimSelf
Local Performer

I ran into this thread after I went to go relisten to a song I had found only to find (for all practical purposes) that it didn't exist. The song in question is "Blue Stockings" by Sea Wolf is being shown as "Red Lights" on Pandora. I wish there was a way to get this fixed as it is clear that the archives are incomplete.

@AdamPandora

-TDHS

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TheDudeHimSelf Thanks so much for pointing this out.

We really appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I've forwarded this to the people who take care of the collection. We'll look into it ASAP.

Also make sure to give this feature request a Heart to share your interest in it as well!

jaschneiderman
Local Performer
The new release from Frank Black, https://www.pandora.com/artist/frank-black/hard-times-single-explicit/hard-times/TRp7bv2rjkn659J is a good example. But I appreciate the mislabeling. It made me laugh for a while.
Luisav123
Underground

I think this sounds like a great idea ! I have been having trouble with songs being censored (they were not previously censored). Having a report button with drop down menu options like incorrect genre or censorship issues would make reporting these errors and problems efficient!

street2k
Underground

I wish there was a feedback/comment for artists songs other than thumbs up/down. 

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hey, @street2k.

I moved your post over to the Feature Request board to keep the community organized.

Thanks for the suggestion! See ya around the community.

guyndurham
Local Performer

Great idea! Especially since I have a John Adams station (contemporary/classical composer of the opera Nixon in China, The Death of Klinghoffer) and I just heard a cover of the Maroon5 song Sugar by a very different John Adams (Welsh Singer/Songwriter/Busker).

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@guyndurham Thanks so much for pointing this out.

We really appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I've forwarded this to the people who take care of the collection. We'll look into it ASAP.