cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Control playback across devices

Ideas: Control playback across devices

21wahoo
Underground

Spotify Connect lets you control playback across your devices, and easily switch which device you're listening on. It's an enormously convenient feature. You can play music from your TV and control it with your phone. Or you can listen on your computer, but if you're getting ready to walk away, you can switch to your phone.

It would make Pandora an even more effective competitor if it had something similar.

More details here.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

39 Comments
OutdoorOM
Local Performer

Hello all, Pandora fan for sure, but when I did stray to Spotify for a while... The one feature Spotify has that I really really miss is the ability to use my iPhone as a remote control while playing/streaming on my iPad!! I have searched but haven’t been able to determine if this is possible with Pandora...booo! Help is much appreciated! Cyndy

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @OutdoorOM Thanks for posting to community! I've moved your post to our Feature Request board to keep things tidy. 

Thanks for the great suggestion! 

Kayly10
Local Performer

So I have been thinking and what if...there is a thing called pandora stick and the remote will look  like the app platform where it can come with a speaker and remote the remote will have thumbs button and skip and replay how do y'all feel? And how do I get it out to them?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

TannerPandora

Hi @Kayly10 thanks for taking the time to post your great idea! 🎧👍

Tonedeaf
Local Performer

This is an important feature. Enough so that I'm likely leaving Pandora because the phone app won't control Roku/Fire stick or my game console. Many times I have the TV off when listening (going through AV receiver) and I want artist info or to change music. Also happens when at dining table - some's got to get up from dinner, grab the Roku control and make the change or view the info.

The competition has supported this feature for a long time.

MusicIsForever
Diamond in the Rough

Would love it if Pandora created the possibility to control Pandora remotely, such as thumbing, and switching stations. I am not looking to play Pandora from 2 different stations, just to control stations where one has no sound, while the other does.

TannerPandora

Thanks for the feedback @MusicIsForever I moved your message to an existing feature request here. Keep the ideas coming! 🎧

Cali_Ferrari209
Local Performer

@TannerPandora where do we stand with this idea? I feel this is a must.  Like 6 months ago when it was suggested. Please please please make this a feature 

MusicIsForever
Diamond in the Rough

@TannerPandora  Do you know if there is a way to do this through the GoogleChrome Remote Desktop feature? I can't seem to make it work, and I'm wondering if the problem is me.

TannerPandora

Thanks for the feedback @21wahoo! 👍🏻