cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Downloading music to SD Card

Ideas: Downloading music to SD Card

Lightbringer646
Underground

how do i make pandora download all my music to the sd card?

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
45 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hey, @Lightbringer646.

I moved your post over to the Feature Request board to keep the community organized.

Storing music on an external memory card for offline listening is not currently a feature. 

Be sure to upvote your idea by searching for your idea, and then, clicking on the heart icon next to it.

See ya around the community!  🎧

krista
Local Performer

This needs to happen. Pandora is killing my device's internal storage.

ShadowDawn257
Local Performer

I really wish Pandora allowed for storage on a SD card like Netflix and Disney+... Like Krista said, it's taking up too much of my internal memory! 😤😡

Tritpher
Local Performer

firefall6
Local Performer

I want to have downloads go to my external sd card instead of my internal memory. Is there a setting for that? Android Moto z2play

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @firefall6. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing feature request as it sounds like you'd like to see this implemented as well.

You can upvote this idea by searching for "Downloading to SD Card" in the search bar. Then, click on the ❤️icon to show that you'd like this feature to come to fruition.

Thanks for posting on the community! 🎶

R3
Local Performer

Why is this not a thing yet? People with low storage phones have no reason to pay for the offline stations unless this is a option. MAKE THIS A OPTION SOON!!!!!

MusicFan0041
Local Performer

I won't be renewing my Pandora Plus trial unless this feature rolls out.  Pandora is filling up my internal storage to the point other apps suffer from low memory/cache space, and I can't install or update other apps because the temp space fills up.

Offline mode is literally the only reason I would pay for higher tiers and it's implementation is atrocious.

How this could be overlooked is beyond me when every single other mobile media app offers it.

Kendyr
Local Performer

Offline stations are a great feature that comes with the paid subscriptions. However, the stations can only be downloaded to the phone's internal memory. My phone's internal memory is already at working capacity since it doesn't allow apps to be stored on the SD card. Not being able to download Pandora's offline stations to my SD card makes this very attractive feature almost useless for phones like mine with limited internal memory. Not being able to use all the features I'm paying for makes continuing with a paid subscription unappealing.

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @Kendyr thanks for posting to the Feature Request board and for your great feedback on SD Cards. 

I've moved your idea to an existing post to keep things organized. Click here to view it. Don't forget to ❤️the ideas you'd like to see on Pandora! 

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧