cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Exclude Live performances or remixed versions of songs

Ideas: Exclude Live performances or remixed versions of songs

KingCityDJ
Underground

Am I the only one who thinks we should have a way to exclude live performances from our listening experience? Make this happen.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
88 Comments
LarryN111
Local Performer

I added my vote to the Features List to add the ability to filter out live versions.  Hopefully Pandora adds this feature, even though I suspect royalty fees are less for live versions.

kgoldengriff
Local Performer

Please add a way to exclude live performances. Thanks

brainchild138
Underground

I would love this option for stations. I have a "quiet" station that I like to listen to at work, and having people screaming or the signer belting out "All right, New York!!!!!" is very distracting.

LizC864
Local Performer

I keep getting acoustic & live versions of songs I love. I don't want to click on thumbs down because I don't want that song or artist skipped ... only that "version" of the song. There should be a way to exclude these versions.

mm2ssajc
Local Performer

Total agreement.  I'm not at the concert, just play the album version.

JessienZoey
Local Performer

I wish there was an option to turn off live versions of songs.

Jessica1
Opening Act

I agree, this is a much needed feature

firmdog
Local Performer

It is unbelievable how much "live" music is put into the Dave Matthews station. Over the years, I have put in several requests to Pandora support to remove all "live" music, but they simply say NO. On the Dave Matthews station there is "live" music almost every other song. It took me months to thumbs down the live music so that it was not every other song. It's still annoying beyond belief, and Pandora continues to pump in the "live" music (probably to save money?).

Please allow paying customers the option to opt out of the screaming, whistling, yelling, clapping, etc... that comes with all the live music. 

troy-kaleb
Local Performer

If I wanted to hear a poorly-recorded, sub-par performance of a song, I'd go to the concert myself. I pay for pandora so I can listen to good music.

firmdog
Local Performer

Even when Pandora decides to continue to dump several consecutive "Live" poorly-recorded, sub-par performance songs, with screaming, whistling, yelling, clapping , and you continue to thumbs down, the paying customers are told that it's no longer possible to skip the unwanted "Live" songs  because  of Licensing Restriction - Due to licensing restrictions, this song can't be skipped right now.

Unbelievable.