cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Exclude Live performances or remixed versions of songs

Ideas: Exclude Live performances or remixed versions of songs

KingCityDJ
Underground

Am I the only one who thinks we should have a way to exclude live performances from our listening experience? Make this happen.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
88 Comments
firmdog
Local Performer

Even when Pandora decides to continue to dump several consecutive "Live" poorly-recorded, sub-par performance songs, with screaming, whistling, yelling, clapping , and you continue to thumbs down, the paying customers are told that it's no longer possible to skip the unwanted "Live" songs because of Licensing Restriction - Due to licensing restrictions, this song can't be skipped right now.

Unbelievably frustrating that paying customers are not allowed to skip past crappy Live music.

Seph
Opening Act

Having control of the "Music DNA" of your channel should be able to give some control of this.  I put in a similar feature that should cover this use case:

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Feature-Requests/User-control-of-Stations-quot-genre-DNA-quot-add-r... 

DRcox206
Local Performer

If you have the option for deeper cuts or discovery this should also be an option

DracoDan
Opening Act

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us the ability to do this!  I hate the live songs so much that I'm looking to move to other streaming services if they can offer this ability.

sonossobe
Local Performer

The feature to ban live cuts needs to be added and should be quite easy.  Hard to believe it has not been done already.

tomp
Local Performer

We would like to be able to block ALL live performances.   

In addition to all the ways of specifying the types of music we want, one more, no live music at all. 

MV10
Underground

Way back when Pandora was new, you could actually email the developers directly -- I tried many times to get them to add "live" as one of the "music genome" categories, hoping that Pandora would be smart enough to recognize that I always thumb those down.

Unfortunately they always refused.

firmdog
Local Performer

Because the "live" licensing is cheaper than studio-recorded music

Profits come before customer feature requests for Pandora. Profits first right?

Splash33
Local Performer

I know this is an older post, but I would definitely like to have the ability to set certain preferences (i.e. no LIVE versions)

Peynal84
Local Performer

Has this happened yet? Because it needs to