cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Ability to merge stations

Ideas: Ability to merge stations

Mugur
Underground

It would be great to have the ability to permanently merge selected stations into one.  All the seeds, thumbs-ups, and thumbs-down from all selected stations would merge into one station.

> This would give all the people who have a ton of stations the ability to consolidate and organize them without having to delete stations they like, and without having a complicated group/folder system.

> It would encourage people to use stations to explore unfamiliar genres more without ending up with so-so or too many stations.

> Consolidating is another tool to create some really powerful, amazing stations that you couldn't get by just adding seeds.

I've wanted this feature for over ten years. Let's make it happen.

mod edit: format and title for clarity

Labels (3)
62 Comments
PeteDiggs
Local Performer

Yes, please.

cwballard
Underground

I came here to request this exact feature. I would love to have a "Station Playlist" of pre-existing stations. One for the drive to work, one for parties, one for lake trips, etc. The Shuffle stations feature is nice and I use it constantly, but not ideal to satisfy this need. 

skywarp94
Local Performer

This does not seem like a difficult feature to implement. Merging seeds and thumbs from two different stations would be very welcome to have. Please try to get this done.

jbaker
Local Performer

I would like to see an option to Merge Stations.
- A radio button or check box that will give the subscriber the ability to merge multiple stations into one station.
- Followed by a prompt to "remove station after merge? YES/NO" or similar. 

I do have "similar" stations I would like to merge into one. I currently use the Shuffle option. 

There have been similar posts for this in the past, but all have been locked due to inactivity. 

tenglish74
Opening Act

A solution that would be easy is to add the ability to assign a station to multiple categories the user creates, then at will a category could be shuffled.

freebirdpat
Local Performer

Why can I see people asking about this same idea from posts from 6 years ago?

Like seriously, where does the money go?

ZionCruiser
Local Performer

For as minor as the request is, I cannot believe it has not been done yet! Please prioritize implementation!!!

sabthe5th
Local Performer

Pandora has deaf ears.  Listeners have been asking this and similar for at LEAST 4 years.

All I want, is to be able to create music "folders" so that I can sort out different genres.... such as Christmas, Jazz, Country....

I pay for premium subscription, but cannot do something so simple as this.

PLEASE................

TheF1sh
Local Performer

In an effort to broaden the spectrum of music I hear on Pandora, I’ve created quite a few similar channels. I love the additional artists that the algorithm was not including previously but hate the mess of stations that it created.

I was hopeful that upvoting this idea would encourage its development, but seeing how long it’s been sitting unfulfilled, I’m doubtful. 

rjadamson
Local Performer

Why can’t Pandora respond to this request so that those of who have hoped to merge stations would know what is so difficult for Pandora to do.