Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Ability to report catalog or bug issues through app

Ideas: Ability to report catalog or bug issues through app

Gornicus
Underground

Greetings,

As an avid Pandora user, I (like many others I presume) spend a decent amount of time & energy to curate my various stations. 

In my efforts I have occasionally come across some incorrectly labeled bands/songs/albums...  I believe this happens when more than one band/artist share a (similar) name; however, this can cause some havoc when streamlining a station for a specific genre.

For example, my station, "Goes to 11" features various metal and rock bands.  While delving into some doom metal bands I came across 'Funeral', a Norwegian Funeral Doom Metal band.  To my pleasure, Pandora has them as an available artist (unfortunately Orodruin is not - sad face); however, clicking on their artist page seems to feature what appears to be a rap/hip-hop act named 'Funeral' with a single song "Die Lit" (with the rest of Norway's 'Funeral' doom metal albums beneath.  Mind you, I have no problem with rap/hip-hop but (if I liked this song) I'd categorize it under my 'What? Yeah! Okaaaaaay!" station.  Please note that this isn't the only time that I have come across an error such as this.

Might Pandora consider adding a feature where listeners can "report" when a song/artist/album seems to be mislabeled or grouped incorrectly.  These reports could then be reviewed for accuracy and corrections made as appropriate.

Thank you for your time and consideration, I love the service!

~Gorn

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
74 Comments
padaco
Opening Act

There used to be a way to do this... Pandora apparently removed it because they were annoyed by people reporting problems with their song rips? I don't understand. Pandora should be caring the most about their song quality considering all of the competition and how their rips sound fine. Nobody wants to pay for low-quality rips.

"the most comprehensive analysis of music ever undertaken" is made by and for Pandora... it according to Pandora should know better than any other, so yes, above all others we can fault that system.

mod edit: merged comments
DJ_GothFvck
Opening Act

" 'Covenant' is an electro band from Sweden, but there's also I think a country Christian band as well as a death metal band by that name as well. You can't fault the system for not immediately knowing this"

I would disagree. These are all different enough The Music Genome Project should be able to very easily differentiate between them. After all, the main job it has is analyzing the qualities of songs and artists.

imsimsj
Underground

I wish Pandora would offer a better streaming quality. I notice all the sounds that are missing while I am listening to music. It is going to be a must have and I hope pandora stays part of my future. Hope you are listening.

PaoloNoSabo
Underground

I was filling out a survey and was asked if I had any additional feedback, so I wrote this:

"Yes, I was looking for a place where users can make suggestions to the Pandora staff, admins, moderators, mostly **DEVELOPERS**. Not a suggestion like Feature Requests or whatever they are called. No, not suggestions like that. Suggestions like if there is something wonky like an artist having 2 profile pages, with 2 albums on one and then an additional profile page that has 1 album. The album on the seemingly extraneous profile page isn't a duplicate though! We're talking 3 distinct albums, spread out over 2 profile pages that even have the exact** same spelling: Örsten. In fact, the 2 album profile has his first album and then an EP, the EP associated with his 2nd full length album, which is on his 2nd profile page. Obviously this is a mistake and your staffmembers can easily and quickly fix this, but I think having a more robust feature should be built in, allowing users to point out flaws such as this, giving them the ability to write a quick explanation of the error, and the ability to draw the attention of Pandora staff without having to submit a feedback like this. On second thought, is a Feature. I'm gonna copy and paste this over there.
-Paolo NS"

And then when I tried to submit I got an character limit error, my 13 hundred some character submission had to be whittled down to 500 characters. I did it, but figured I'd post the full 1300 character version here

treeclimber1031
Local Performer

I'd love to see this resolved, as I'm listening to music from Mongolia, and the album by Hanggai called Introducing Hanggai, has all the right songs, some are glitchy like it was a bad rip, but what's most frustrating, is the album cover is of Syran Mbenza & Ensemble Rumba Kongo....................not even same origin let alone same genre....I find this to be disgraceful to both bands/musicians.

Jaaws12
Local Performer

The Lyrics for Creedence Clearwater Revival Pendulum (Hey Tonight).  Wrong song lyrics 

webjnke
Local Performer

Exactly ... Like they play music from An-ten-nae on the artist Globular's channel. They sound nothing alike. Thumbs down doesn't do it. They come right back. But I can't find a way to tell them. They really need a Do Not Play This Artist button.

Jvliet108
Local Performer

When listening to music I come across explicit music that isn't labeled this way.  There should be a feature you can click a button to mark the song as explicit that isn't labeled as such.  This will help the filter for stuff that sneaks through.  This can easily be put in the section when you click the *** button.

Johnny0634Cash
Underground

Anyone else think that Pandora should set up a "library errors" mailbox to report errors in track descriptions, etc.?

advTHANKSance. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Johnny0634Cash I moved your post over to this existing feature request.

Make sure to upvote this thread with a ❤️if it's something you'd like to see added to the service.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora: