cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Add custom album art on stations & playlist

Ideas: Add custom album art on stations & playlist

take1pro
Underground

Does anybody know if the Playlist Screen allows for customization i.e. using your own photos as the music plays?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
98 Comments

Great Idea, I wanted to do that with a playlist I had especially spent much time putting together just for Valentines. Take care and stay safe.  

philliprogers
Local Performer

I like the thumbnail album being displayed during playing Pandora showing the just played album cover but after a few minutes it defaults to the full screen of the song being played at that time. Is there a way I can keep it on the smaller thumbnail picture?

mod edit: removed personal email address

jcross818
Local Performer

+1 for this, it's really difficult to find stations as well and at the very least I'd love the ability to change them to solid colors or simple patterns

DJ_GothFvck
Opening Act

This, and several options to choose from automatically generated covers. i.e. of artists themselves or their logos, or of albums. Perhaps, optionally, even dynamically changing either randomly per session, or artists with most thumbs up, most recently played, newly released album covers, etc etc. 

Maybe even tie in with deviant art and similar sites.

mod edit: removed 3rd party link

sootie
Local Performer

I would like to change the album photo as well, especially on those songs where all you see is a large music note. Pandora- get some better art for these, please!

Sayer_Hanon
Local Performer

Is this not a feature..?... I am considering a move from Spotify where I have the ability to choose artwork for each of my playlists, but If I have no way to distinguish them, this may not be the right platform for me....

Ergoism
Local Performer

To those who hate their default station thumbnail:  sometimes the images get "stuck". I went into my "Add variety" section and deleted the song that had the album cover that had become the permanent thumbnail for that station. Then I went and added it right back in. Now the station thumbnail reflects whatever is playing on the thumbnail.

no1wonderfan
Local Performer

I had painstakingly chosen and arranged all of my stations to show the artists/album covers that I wanted as the station icon photo. I logged on today to find that over half of them had randomly changed. This is very frustrating. Why can't I just choose which picture (from the ones already offered by Pandora) to display as my station icon? One would think this could be an easily added feature. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to choose which artist/song displays as primary and change it whenever you like.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@no1wonderfan I moved your post into this existing feature request: Add Custom Album Art on Stations & Playlist

While there isn't a way to select which album art displays on your station, feel free to upvote this existing feature request with a ❤️to express your interest in seeing it added to the service as well.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

dollabill
Local Performer

This definitely needs to be a feature for all. I see a few curators who have the ability to not only add an image to a playlist, but also create a description for the playlist. Not sure if there is a threshold that needs to be met in order to be given these privileges but I find it odd this isn't a feature already for your community.

Let me know where I can vote on "feature requests"