cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ideas: Add custom album art on stations & playlist

Ideas: Add custom album art on stations & playlist

take1pro
Underground

Does anybody know if the Playlist Screen allows for customization i.e. using your own photos as the music plays?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
98 Comments
ktorster
On the Rise

How about allowing customized artwork to be uploaded for playlists? Other services allow this.

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks for the feedback @ktorster! I've passed this along. Keep em' coming. ๐Ÿ‘

AJTieszen
Local Performer

I have the same request as well. Some of my favorite custom stations have very generic cover art for their thumbnails, even though they include albums with distinct and relevant cover art. This makes it difficult to find them when scrolling through my collection. If I can't upload my own artwork, please at least let my pick from artwork that is already displayed for the included albums. I can tell the internal framework for this already exists, since Pandora selects unique thumbnails for most other stations, so why is this not a feature for the end user? Please add this very basic yet helpful feature soon. Judging by this thread and similar posts on other forums, this is not a rare request from a small, niche audience. This appears to be a very frequent request. Also, is there really no way to delete accidental double-posts on this forum?

Rhody17
Local Performer

Yeah maybe it could ask for permission to gallery, and then you could choose a picture from there and crop to fit? 

iamsparky
Local Performer

I want to echo all of the above comments.

If we create a station or playlist, we should be able to customize the thumbnail image of the station ... or at the very least select which artist image or album cover we want to easily identify it when scrolling through our collection.

TannerPandora

Thanks for all the great comments! Don't forget to vote for the ideas you like โค๏ธ - this lets us know which ones are popular! 

๐ŸŽง

Warwolf3000
Local Performer

@Pandora YOU really need to add this feature already. I have a station set up with TONS of different artists. It was started with rock music but the album cover for it now is Skye Sweetnam... It doesn't fit the station... Yes, I have her and Avril Lavigne on there as well as a few other female artists, but they are there for the nostalgia of the 90's. The station mostly plays rock and punk, I want the thumbnail to reflect this. Also, I have a few station that the thumbnails have disappeared from, they are now just colors... 

Brainthinker1
Local Performer

Being a person who has brought their playlists from other platforms, I come to terms and think others would agree that there would like to be able to customize their playlists instead of it bland of photos of the cd covers very first few bands/artists that are the playlists that we make on Pandora. 

Spotify as well Apple Music have brightened the horizon already with their platforms to allow users to able to take photos of their playlists that they make. I'm not trying to knock Pandora, as I'm trying to spread an idea which I believe many users love to be able to do, in which would  them feel more like the owner of their own creation. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for your suggestion, @Brainthinker1! ๐ŸŽผ