cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

bjoyce2
Opening Act

New Feature Idea: Create Rules about what bands you never want to hear.  If I select a Genre but there are certain bands I never want to hear, there should be a way to create a rule. i.e. I select the 70's Rock Genre but I never want to hear any music from Sting, Rush, Styx, Journey, Kiss, etc.  then allow me to create a rule eliminating them fron the selection algorithm.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
175 Comments
jadoti
Local Performer

Would absolutely love the ability to blocklist certain artists so that they don't play on my account at all.  Thumbs up/down is not a solution for this, and this should be a straightforward solution to implement.

This would also take care of everybody on the thread calling for you to ban certain artists because of their personal beliefs.  No need to do that, just give us the tools to do it ourselves.

Broogie123
Local Performer

Yes please give us the ability to block artists. There are some people I never want to hear.

Pollywoglilyfro
Local Performer

Is there a way to block EVERYTHING sung by Beyonce. I hate her and her music. Actually I don't hate her. She seems like she might be a nice person. But her music **ahem** (INMH). 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pollywoglilyfro I moved your post into this existing feature request: Blocking/Muting Certain Artists / Song Selection Rules

While we do not offer an option to prevent an artist from playing on your account or specific stations, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to the service.

In the meantime, continue to give any tracks by those bands a Thumbs-down on your stations, and Pandora should learn to stop playing them over time.

Hope this helps! 🤝

B70
Local Performer

ability to thumb down artist on a station

oconnor39
Local Performer

Adding my vote to @ChristineP2 , as constantly getting bombarded by "Play by David Banner" is the worst.

Trcool
Local Performer

Hi, 

Upon searching for a certain artist I came across this artist and awful song about child molestation. Just wondering how it got on this app and how it was approved in the first place??

Screenshot_20210613-101420_Pandora.jpg

Thanks,

Tamara Cooke

@Trcool thanks for posting this, I will be sure not to listen or add it to the GSOTD post and playlist. Take care and stay safe. 

hughes
Local Performer

I have done everything to stop rape songs playing thumbs down and seeing what songs to remove.  Don't know  else to do.  Thiinking about delete the station but  have a lot of songs that I would hate to have to star over.

OhAthena
Local Performer

Please, Pandora, create a means whereby I can prevent R Kelly from playing on ANY of my stations EVER. I don't want him to get another fraction of a cent in royalties if I should even ACCIDENTALLY let one of his songs play.