cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Ideas: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Drana
Underground

Is there a way to blend one song into the next so that there is no dead silence between tracks?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
155 Comments
druryb
Local Performer

I pay for premium family plan and would like to see this feature as well. When out running would like to zone out to albums and the skip can be jarring 

coolfootluke001
Local Performer

@AdamPandora and @TannerPandora 
I see that the original comment/post from Drana was from 2019.

Has there been any progress on developing a crossfade between songs so there is gapless audio between tracks? If not, is there a "like" threshold that the community must reach before this feature is developed/added?

I appreciate your time, and hope you have a great day!

Big_Mark
Local Performer

This would be HUGE for the Pandora experience. Between songs, and especially channel switching. I just posted a similar request yesterday and was popping back in to check out if it gained any traction. 

Alex_6
Underground

Don't hold your breath my friend:

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Community-Chat/Utterly-Stagnant-Development-Why/m-p/107251/highligh... 

None of the big, old requests are getting any response.

Big_Mark
Local Performer

Alex_6  
I guess it's worse than I thought. I just popped over here to the community to see if there was any info on why my stations list was about 1/4-1/3 of what it once was. I just saw your reply from a couple months ago on this topic, even though I had "email me when someone replies" selected. (also, I read your linked post on how it seems nothing is getting worked on/improved.)
Sad. Disappointing, ect. 
I have talked up Pandora for YEARS to soooo many people, but I'm losing my enthusiasm quickly now. 
10+ year subscriber. 

Cfaulknertruitt
Local Performer

Please add a function that allows listeners to shorten the intervals between songs. 

kaoz
Local Performer

Long overdue, Spotify has this feature, by incorporating it into pandora I see many would move over.

sdneidich
Underground
Many *have* moved over.
ski522
Local Performer

I've given up on Pandora fixing or adding new features at all.  The only reason I stay with them is the basic yearly membership fee is still less then Spotify. 

If that ever changes then Pandora will be adiós...

My guess is that XM is trying to run Pandora into the ground in favor of their own app...I believe XM owns Pandora now.  

TimHaynous
Local Performer

Albums made for gapless playback have their experience ruined when there are gaps. I might switch to Spotify over this feature alone.