cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Desktop Compact Player

Ideas: Desktop Compact Player

jcruz34420
Underground

I would like to see a compact player option. Maybe by clicking a button and all you see is a small screen with the options to go next back thumbs up and play and pause on it. Sometimes I just want to switch screens and having the full application open can be a hassle. I want to see the work that I'm working on as well as paying attention to what music is playing.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
99 Comments
RickNSB
Local Performer

Add this 8-year Plus subscriber's vote for a desktop small player as on 2.0.10

lrh51
Local Performer

Agreed. Bring back the mini player!

rhettorical
Underground

Throwing my support at this as well. The old app from the Vista/7 days was perfect. My work machine blocks Windows Store apps, and my personal computer doesn't run Windows 10, so I want an alternative.

NavyNate
Opening Act

This is a three year old request. What's the status of the fix?

BradyMc0
Underground
Feels like nothing doesn’t it. Please - smaller

Brady McCahey
sparkling_321
Local Performer

A mini player that floats on top of my other windows would be AMAZING!!! 

Jimflip
Local Performer

Srsly. Anesidora (which you requested be shut down) had a much better compact UX, and the ideal minimalist UI for listeners like myself... who just want to listen.

C'mon Pandora - I've backed you since you first showed up on the scene. Don't make me go looking for an alternative because you're forcing me to use your "proprietary" UI (which um... isn't as good).

Since this feature request is nearly 2 years old... I don't have much hope. Prove me wrong (or at least re-enable Anesidora!)

jbaker
Local Performer

I would like to bump this idea from 4 years ago... I would love a compact version.

or even minimized to a Task Bar button with navigation buttons [thumb Down] [Repeat] [Play/Pause] [Skip] [Thumb Up] with a hover to show artist, song, and album art.. 

MtnManiacX
Local Performer

+1 for bringing the compact app back! Or at least let me make the current window a lot smaller while still giving me my personal stations list. Right now if you make the window anything less than HUGE, your stations all disappear.

WHITEM2002
Local Performer
The only thing that comes to mind is that Pandora will probably lose AD revenue.

They probably have promised a certain window real estate to their advertisers!