cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Desktop Compact Player

Ideas: Desktop Compact Player

jcruz34420
Underground

I would like to see a compact player option. Maybe by clicking a button and all you see is a small screen with the options to go next back thumbs up and play and pause on it. Sometimes I just want to switch screens and having the full application open can be a hassle. I want to see the work that I'm working on as well as paying attention to what music is playing.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
99 Comments
joy
Local Performer

I agree with the other comments... please bring back the compact player you used to have.  I really like Pandora and appreciate the improvements you have made over the years!

Thanks!

ilyjohnson1016
Local Performer

I've recently been moved to where I work from home and I'd LOVE to have a small compact item for Pandora as opposed to it taking up a large portion of my screen. Even when "shrinking" it's still massive. 

I use the pandora app on my iPhone all the time and if there were some way to have that small window from there put onto screen here I'd be thrilled.

I appreciate your time and consideration.

willis1985
Local Performer

Please bring back the mini player option - this new thing is TOO BIG and not as user friendly!

JayTee
Local Performer

Echo the comments on a small player.  I use Pandora every day.  The old little app was perfect.  Sadly I had to reinstall windows on my pc and that old little app is gone.  Please do bring it back.  

NeoBlakkrstal
Opening Act

I would like to see the ability to minimize the app to the system tray while continuing to play in the background added to the features of the desktop app. This would minimize the impact on system resources by the app, while allowing music to continue to play. This would be especially helpful when playing games.

mod edit: format and changed title for clarity 

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @NeoBlakkrstal! Thanks for posting your feedback for the Desktop App. 

I can definitely say this would be a great added feature that I would enjoy. You have my vote. 

Thanks for being part of community!

marecwolfe
Local Performer

Please bring back the mini-player.

Desert_mike
Local Performer

I have not read all the comments so I apologize in advance for this if it has already been addressed.

Since many of us who use the desktop application of pandora also play video games or work in AutoCAD or some other software application that requires the full screen. Pandora's mini-application or reduced size application remains as it is just with the ability to shrink the window pane size to only thumbs up down, song title repeat, pause, skip.  This would take a lot less space and would not require revamping the whole application just a simple update and a button to select a mini view.

The really high-end feature updates would be to overlay the new song title when the song transition in the top right or left corner of the screen when a different application is using the whole screen similar to the way you use the keyboard shortcut key for 'Record' in the Windows Xbox Game Bar with selecting (Win+G). This simple overlay could tell the information you want to know about the last song and who the new artist is and the song. Then a simple alt+(user-specified key) would allow for the end-user to thumbs up thumbs down, repeat, skip, pause without skipping a beat from what they are currently doing. This is key for gamers and the modern meeting environment during covid.

I typically have pandora at 10 to 15% audio playing to my speakers while I have my zoom audio or Microsoft teams audio and Microphone to my headset. It sets a little background music and ambiance when watching presentations that don't always have to deal with me directly.

For the laptop user who travels frequently and is prone to waiting in areas with limited on pay only internet, a quick download button for the desktop app would be great. Instead of selecting each song individually, download the last 5, 10, 15, all songs, and then a new screen would allow you to deselect the songs you don't want. Or download all thumbs up from these (or this) collections. Then the thumbs up playlist could be separated by collections, all, or custom playlist by a click of a button. 

Switch device or send playlist/collection to the device for download would be great. It is quicker to make a playlist on the desktop but then I have to manually download it on my phone. I am thinking about running or work out mixes. 

Just a few thoughts based on some of my own personal frustrations using the desktop app more and more in the COVID world.  

Mike 

Xray
Local Performer

This is the request I came here looking for. I'd also like to launch my music from a single click. Desk top icon or a tray icon.

lorax
Local Performer

What "heart" icon? And I want the compact app back! There's too much to see to keep it on my desktop so I have to minimize/maximize all the time and I am on my computer 10 hours a day!