cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Desktop Compact Player

Ideas: Desktop Compact Player

jcruz34420
Underground

I would like to see a compact player option. Maybe by clicking a button and all you see is a small screen with the options to go next back thumbs up and play and pause on it. Sometimes I just want to switch screens and having the full application open can be a hassle. I want to see the work that I'm working on as well as paying attention to what music is playing.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
99 Comments
RJP2
Underground

I totally agree with the above.  We are constantly losing from the never-ending technological "improvements."  Not having the small, dock stationed player will again make me disappointed in Pandora.  The music offerings are wonderful but the way we have to access them has, for me - in the second time in a year, become worse.  'You guys competing with Apple for the downward spiral?

BradyMc0
Underground
The app on iPhone is very usable, and music is excellent. But on a computer the large space taken up is a problem.

Brady McCahey
RJP2
Underground
Thanks for the response, Brady. Hmmm. It still was a very convenient player. I wonder why it was dropped; is it because most computers are “under" powered? ‘And with the power in a computer!

Unfortunate.
BradyMc0
Underground
Really? So it previously didn’t work on many computers. Size of the play button has nothing to do with speed or memory. My old iMac mini computer is 10 years old. I didn’t update the player and it still works. The new iMac has huge processing speed and go of space. I’m forced to loose 1/4 of my screen.

Brady McCahey
jaysonsaxon09
Local Performer

Yes, please bring back the mini player option where it showed the album cover and play/pause/skip and thumb up/down. I would like to have it going on in the background corner of one of my screens. not have to switch web tabs

RJP2
Underground
Absolutely. Thanks for the reply.

R J Pethick
FIGMIG
Local Performer

YES!,,  !!  **ahem**,, !! bring back the compact player.  And leave a good thing alone....    This is grounds for me to leave Pandora....

ghostdancer
Local Performer

waaayyyy too big! please make a compact option

pcpisllc
Local Performer

I do not like the new app.  I like the one which ran from the taskbar.  I am always closing the new one by accident. 

wilsonk
Local Performer

It would be nice to have the small Player widget (reduced size little control panel that you used to be able to move around your screen) reinstated for desk top applications.  It was dropped in the revamp and was so handy in the previous incarnation of pandora.  Now on the desktop application the smallest you can make the pandora interface is half of your screen.  I know that there are keyboard controls but the little player window was so handy and you could see what was going on.