cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Instrumental tracks only setting

Ideas: Instrumental tracks only setting

stevelustig
Underground

I request that there be a setting switch to indicate that a station should play only instrumental tracks, in other words do not play tracks with vocals.

I do a lot of writing and can really cruise to instrumental music- vocals interfere with my concentrating on my own "inner voice". I have a half dozen different genre stations in which I've systematically given "thumbs down" to each vocal track. Still Pandora is delivering vocal tracks in these stations. Apparently it is not actually possible to train Pandora's stations very well, so we need a force setting to help.

Conversely just to be fair, there could be another switch to play only vocal tracks for others.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
15 Comments
curtishibbs
Local Performer

In my experience, it takes upfront training and then constant vigilance to maintain "instrumental only" status. You should be able to force instrumental only.

gallery
Underground

Can anyone explain why, when I type "Instrumental" in the search bar and search for STATIONS, all these stations come up that are called instrumental...and then play songs with people singing lyrics??!! Um, that's NOT instrumental!  When I'm studying, I don't want to be distracted by lyrics and JUST want background instrumentals. Does Pandora not understand that instrumental means no songs being sung, just music?

walt3k
Local Performer

I spend the vast majority of my time doing exactly this on several stations.  I would be willing to even pay more for this feature.  Surprised this does not have more ❤️s.

stillwaiting
Local Performer

I've asked for this feature off and on since I began listening to Pandora some 10 years ago. Seems like it would be something AI could do that doesn't replace a human 🤔

joe22
Local Performer

Agree 100%  I want instrumentals only for background.  Used to have it and now Pandora is pushing vocals and I can't get them to stop.