cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Listening to more than one device at the same time

Ideas: Listening to more than one device at the same time

geneselah
Underground

I tried the premium service and it was worse than the unpaid service. I listen to it on Alexa, then if I forget to stop it when I leave, I can't listen in my car. Ridiculous!

I'd have to set up multiple accounts for each of my 5 Amazon Echo's in order to listen on each, then I wouldn't get the music I like unless I thumb up or down on each device. Makes no sense at all!!!

Fix this to allow up to 5 or 6 simultaneous devices on the same account and I'll gladly join again 🙂

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
49 Comments
KingMideus
Local Performer

I’m a LOOOOOOONNNGGG time Pandora subscriber and currently have the family plan and I have Alexa linked to my account.  It works fine for all users UNTIL someone uses Alexa, which my son does every night at the same time I’m using it on my phone.  Because Pandora’s Alexa skill only allows one account we both constantly get the “someone else is listening “ message.  VERY ANNOYING!  Figure this out Pandora.  I pay for a family plan and I’m not able to use it to the fullest due to this, quite frankly, dumb restriction.

rbsevertson
Local Performer

+1 I just reactivated my account and got the Someone else is listening error message when tuning into Pandora on my cell in the car. This is because I had left it playing on Alexa at home, presumably. But this never happened when using the free version. Isn't the account is attached for me, not to a device? If I am logged in with my credentials, I should not matter how many devices (Alexas in different rooms, for example). I will revert to the free version if this issue is not resolved. It is a bug for users!

TheBickersons44
Local Performer

+1 more to this.

I have been a paid subscriber for longer then I can remember and it is just my wife and I so I would like to have all my stations available to me and not shared (this removes the thumbs up and down between devices, as technically the stations becomes tied to the account that changed it).  This is very difficult and Pandora is the only music service that this is a problem on.  All I want is 2 devices at the same time with the same account.  I don't want to switch to a new service cause I have stations that have 10 plus years of history on them that play exactly what I want and I don't want to have to start over.  Pandora needs to get with the times.

Also a Google Home user to 2 homes can't stream at the same time due to the account limitation.

8runner
Local Performer

Why was I able to play to a group of Google nest audio speakers with the free version of Pandora, but now that I have upgraded to the family version, I can't play to that group anymore?  I get the Pandora is trying to say there is a licensing issue, but this makes zero sense in my case.  I am trying to Play my one account on multiple speakers, just like I do in my living room using my receiver connect up to my surround sound system with Pandora built in!

lwright3923
Local Performer

Why has this not gotten more traction? I pay for the premium family plan subscription to have an account just for myself and one for my daughter.  If the family plan lets you invite up to 5 more people, why can't an option to use the other invites not being used to be allocated to one of the members of the family to have however many concurrently listening devices? I would like to be able to set my main account for 2 to 3 concurrent listens since my smart home ecosystem drives off my main email account so anyone that wants to listen on the tv can or on the echo can without kicking me off while I am working in my office. I had to create a bunch of random email addresses and try to connect them but now I have to manage a bunch of email accounts just to make pandora work concurrently but the process **ahem** and cannot properly link the stations even when shared. Considering cancelling pandora and just going with Amazon Music if this is not fixed by the time my annual renewal comes because this is dumb, I paid the year up front and now just really annoyed.

JodyCA
Local Performer

Me too!  Only one device at a time even on more expensive Family Plan.  

We are not receiving good answers from Pandora -- ignoring the question

JodyCA
Local Performer

PANDORA IGNORING ALL REQUESTS.

SICK OF "ONLY ONE DEVICE" CAN PLAY AT A TIME RULE.

CANCELING FAMILY PLAN -- IT'S A FAKE PROMISE FROM PANDORA

I like that idea as well, I listen when I'm working, but if I forget to log out at home then I cannot listen while out in the working world. @Pandora this would be a great feature not only for your premium customers now but think for the potential future customers this feature could lure in...Take care and GOD bless...

jdc_va_usmc
Local Performer

We listen to Pandora across multiple Sonos devices.  I just upgraded to Pandora Premium and I'm now experiencing the issue of the devices stopping because of the "Someone else is listening" error.  Not cool, and google searches seem to indicate Pandora has been ignoring this problem for years.  Seems like the Pandora family account doesn't solve the issue either.  I'm still in my trial version of the Premium account.  Guess I won't be renewing.  Swing and a miss Pandora.