cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Peterwwjd
Underground

I sometimes forget that I have a song already in a playlist and when I add a song already in my playlist it will duplicate it and not let me know its already in a specific  playlist I am choosing to add it.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
117 Comments
majorgolfer123
Underground
There is no notification or prevention of adding duplicate songs to a playlist as of 3.18.2022 and I am paid subscriber
mm28
Underground

if a song is already part of a playlist don't add it again

junkpandora
Local Performer

It's 2022, and I can't find a way to delete duplicate items in a playlist. I first used Pandora in 2009. This missing feature decided my action to cancel a pending subscription.

RayJ
Local Performer

Provide the services your customers want and or need or so you will have no customers.

esjarmon
Local Performer

You have to pay for a monthly subscription to access playlists and it doesn't have basic features like sorting or duplicates notification. Very frustrating. This feature should be a basic aspect of the Pandora application on any platform. Every other competitor service has this. Please implement this as soon as possible.

pgaallday
Local Performer

As a happy Pandora user for past decade, I would love to see the duplicate song warning message I receive on my app implemented into the desktop/browser app. As it stands you can be listening along and adding songs unknowingly duplicating them in the playlist. Then later when you listen to your playlist on shuffle you find several duplicates. This severely damages the experience and functionality of the desktop/browser app. ***Reference picture provided*** added twice in a row to test it. Only received "Song has been added" message. Pandora did not advise me it was a duplicate and ask if I still wanted to add the song.

PandoraPlaylistBug.PNG

Thank You! God Bless

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @pgaallday, Thanks for your first post!

We’re always looking to improve, and getting feedback like this definitely helps with that.

Don't forget to vote on ideas you'd like to see on Pandora by tapping on the heart. ❤️

Thanks for being a part of our Community!
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

emailsich
Opening Act

How about an automatic duplicates deletion function?

jjmagoo
Underground

Pandora also duplicates sets of songs several times that I have added. Each set of identical songs follows the one before. This is a system error. If Pandora treats this as a feature request to be reviewed before being subjected to a lengthy bureaucratic process, I'll look for an alternative.