cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Pandora Modes on more devices

Ideas: Pandora Modes on more devices

apogee
Underground

In my Pandora account, I changed most of the radio artists to 'Deep Cuts' mode- if I stream directly from the Pandora app (either on phone or computer), the songs that play reflect this change. However, if I stream through the Apple TV app or the Denon/HEOS, the songs that play do NOT reflect this change (they seem to play the normal Pandora playlist for each artist). I've tried logging out on both the AppleTV and HEOS Pandora apps, and no change. Any suggestions on how to get the 'Deep Cuts' mode to play on all devices I stream through? Thank you!

Labels (3)
92 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi there, @apogee!

I have moved your post to the Feature Request board to keep the community organized.

At this time Pandora Modes are only available on our website and mobile devices.

In the meantime, keep in mind that if you Thumb using while listening to a Pandora Mode from the web or mobile app, your Thumbs will carry over to your other devices. In other words, if you give a Thumbs Up while listening in Newly Released mode on the web, your station will learn that you want more New Music on that station, and you should see more new music across all of your devices.

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the community!

cybergrimes
Local Performer

I would like to see Modes come to Sonos!
edit: just learned I can do Modes from the Android app now, so in the meantime I'll play to Sonos from the app for this feature. edit2: I changed stations while already connected to the Sonos speaker, tried selecting deep cut on the new station but it said I can't do that while casting. I disconnected from the speaker, selected deep cut and reconnected. Kind of odd but kept playing the same track so I think it's working...

XXPepper
Underground

Please, please, either:

• Make the Pandora Mode settings apply to my account/profile wherever it is playing, and/or
  • Add a command to the Alexa voice interface to "set Pandora mode [to] discovery (etc)". Thank you!
tedros231
Local Performer

the pandora account only work on  the desktop I want to able to use it on my phone as well

bchertov
Opening Act

Please make MODES available on SONOS! 

And fer god sake, why do you guys make your stations SO REPETITIVE!?!?

I'd like another mode of something like NO REPETITION (or very little) - A combination of Discovery and Deep Cuts based on a much wider playlist with a bias against repetition, with LIKES being used more to inform what other cuts might be  of interest rather than to play the same cut more often. If I wanted to listen to the same cuts over and over I'd listen to a playlist or an artist, not Radio. 

jl1955
Local Performer

Please add 'tune your station' to in-home devices such as Roku and Direct TV Pandora.

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

bchertov
Opening Act

I see that modes are now available on Sonos. Yay!

Now, how can I launch or change a station to Deep Cuts via Google Assistant? 

weedpeople
Local Performer

Please make Modes available on my Roku Pandora app.   In particular, I'd like Deep Cuts available on the Roku!

Thanks.

jl1955
Local Performer

Yes! Add Deep Cuts to the Roku and DirecTv Pandora!