cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Play music on launch - on/off toggle

Ideas: Play music on launch - on/off toggle

stevenomes
Opening Act

I'm on premium. Anyway to open pandora without it starting music? sometimes i just want to open it and browse a bit before i select something. Seems to happen on every application (web/android/auto)

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
103 Comments
phyoxium
Local Performer

It’s also bad if you have a vague idea of what you want to hear in your head and Pandora starts playing something else, like someone yelling out numbers when you’re trying to count.

KevinEyewanders
Local Performer

I'd rather see higher 320kbps bitrate quality streams available long before this.
(Or even hi-res or FLAC)
I can mute my phone. I can't press a button to get better audio.

marvelouslie
Local Performer

Seriously. Why is this a thing? I just started using Pandora again with the free premium trail recently and forgot how much of an irritation it is to load up the website only to have it start automatically playing whatever I was listening to before. Please, Pandora. I'm begging you for all of our sanity. add a friggen STOP button, or at least a little "x" at the corner of the currently playing playlist so we can start a new one.

LauraM
Local Performer

Please make this happen - Not a fan of being nervous every time I open the app what everyone around me is going to hear or what's going to potentially blast my ears out. First world problem but it seems crazy you can't turn this automatic play feature off...

silentlizard
Local Performer

Yes, this is very frustrating when I go to open app and the last station I listened to auto plays. Please make this a feature. 

BreenX
Diamond in the Rough

I'm gonna say this, and then this . . . I think having a button to turn off is the wrong direction. How about not having the app start playing when opened at all!!!! No choice, just have the playing not happen, like every other player on the planet . . . just sayin' . . . Unique to Pandora, yes. Uniquely frustrating, yes. I get the whole “when you turn on a radio, it immediately starts playing” argument. But a simple radio is not a tool of curation. Pandora is a tool of curation I tell you! I want control!!!!!!! . . . I’ll settle down now, thank you . . .

bobtherr1
Underground

I don't see a way to upvote this idea but agree entirely that music auto start should be optional. Everytime I start up Pandora I wish that Spotify offered offline listening on the Apple Watch so that I wouldn't have to put up with this.

monkthecat
Underground

Please add me to this request -- when I open Pandora, I am usually not wanting to listen to what I was listening to last time I logged in, so my first task is to wait for music to start playing, then hit "Pause," then do my search. Would love an "off" button for this.

bobtherr1
Underground

This has finally been added! (At least on IOS)

monkthecat
Underground

@bobtherr1 where are you seeing this on iOS? I'm on v 2002.2 (latest version as of today) and it's still not there.