Ideas: Ability to search and sort within personalized playlists

Dunk1990
Underground

Search for songs and artists within your playlist on mobile and desktop

Labels (2)
35 Comments
Brianmcc23
Local Performer

I agree, I have been asking for a search option within playlist along with a duplicate notification or get rid of duplicate option. I have been asking for this for years now on premium membership.  Playlists get rather large over the course of time and sometimes you are not for sure if the song is already in your playlist or not. Membership cost go up but ease of use goes down. Please fix! 

jbixler153
Local Performer

I have also wished for the "search within a playlist" feature for years, but never formally requested it. Consider this my formal request, or is there a better way to request it? I am also a Premium member. I often want to add a song to my Playlist but wonder if it's already on it.  There is no easy way to figure that out. There are also sometimes many versions of the same song, so it would still be possible to add a duplicate. I would also like to be able to Sort and Group within my playlist. If I have ten songs by the same artist but I added them at different times, there's no way to easily tell which songs by that artist I have on my playlist. 

Searching, sorting, and grouping are all easy features to code. Why have we been waiting so long for them?

Bluegroove
Local Performer

Definitely need this please. Really hard to quickly remove a song from a long playlist at the moment. Feels really clunky coming from Spotify. 

warrwirr
Underground

This item is an "open idea" at least since 12-13-2019.

Why is nothing moving forward? Or is this here just a pseudo-reservoir for venting?

Jeanna
Local Performer

Pandora, please add an option to search within your playlists!! I love you, Pandora, but that would make playlists so much better for me. What’s the point in not having an option to search within a playlist?? 

Please consider! 

Jeanna
Local Performer

Also, Pandora, jbixler’s comment about coding a sorting and grouping feature along with a searching feature. That’s a fantastic idea!! Please consider that as well. It’d be so much easier to sort all your songs in playlists by their respected artists. Why isn’t this a coded feature?? Please consider improving your playlist functions! 

Eddydeharo
Local Performer

I have Pandora premium and i have alot of songs on my thumbs up playlist.  I sometimes need to search for a specific song in my list and can't.  This would be very helpful.  

zhiglov
Local Performer

I see this conversation has been open since 2019, still not implemented and definitely should have been

mm28
Underground

Makes no sense why we can't search for content within a playlist that we created.  The lack of search capability in Pandora is a huge problem.  Just look at iTunes and you can see that you can type anything you want in the search window and it will return only that content from that playlist that you're in.  You can type abc and anything in that playlist that contains abc will be returned.  This would be such a great enhancement.

jrm
Local Performer

Search playlists to see if song is already on the list.