Search for songs and artists within your playlist on mobile and desktop

Labels (2)
35 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks for the great feedback @Dunk1990 ! ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽง

JordanKeoto
Opening Act

What would be the point in that if you could just search outside of the Playlist just as fast? 

mvarilek
Underground

Jordan, the reason in my case would be to help edit my own playlists.  For example if you have a "current favorites" playlist of 100 songs, and then you get sick of one particular song, there's no easy way to find it within the playlist other than manually scrolling.  If you could search within the playlist or sort by song title, artist, etc., you could much more easily get to the specific song you want to remove.  Likewise, this feature would help us eradicate duplicates in our playlists.

warrwirr
Underground
As I own several huge playlists (in average 700 tracks each, some up to 3.000) sometimes I want delete a certain song. But it's rather complicated to do so in the old manner way. For the special searching feature already described by others I am waiting since years.
Dunk1990
Underground

Pandora,

I agree with Warrwirr and Mvarilek, and I appreciate JordanKeoto's question to open the conversation. Warrwirr and Mvarilek are correct in saying this is mostly for playlist editing purposes. If there is a song on a playlist that you think is "meh," I want to delete it without scrolling.

Also, totally unrelated to editing, perhaps you want to start your Workout Playlist from a certain song because right now that's your ultimate jam, but let's have the rest of the great playlist roll too. It would be more conventient to search for that song within the playlist rather than scrolling/remembering where the song was in the playlist.

The main problem I expeirenced, however, was duplicating a song add to a playlist (I can't help it, I hear a song I love and add it to every playlist, then I hear it again and I add it to every playlist again), but I believe Pandora solved this with the recognition of a "duplicate song" in a playlist? Let me know if this feature is widespread.

Would a "Delete Duplictes" button work? I would need to experiment the implmentation of this feature, but it seems like a good option.

Pandora, your music discovery is so much better than Spotify and I want you to succeed! I was sad to hear you were tettering on bankruptcy and were bought by Sirius XM Radio. Please keep pumping out great tunes! And support artists!

kaylasue1992
Local Performer

I would love it if, when you add a song to a playlist it tells you that it's already been added before. Like let's say I find a song that I like but it's already in my "Favorites" playlist, then before I add it to the playlist it alerts you that, that song is already in said playlist and would you like to add it again. Maybe even when you pull up the song it tells you before you even try to add it that, that song is in your "favorites" playlist so you don't even try to add it again. That would be super helpful as I have a playlist that is well over 350 songs and it's hard to keep track of what songs I have already added. It may also be helpful to have the option to search within a playlist to find that song in that perticular playlist and not have you just search in general even if your i

kaylasue1992
Local Performer

It may also be helpful to have the option to search within a playlist to find that song in that perticular playlist and not have you just search in general even if your in you playlist.***

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @kaylasue1992 thanks for posting!

Looks like we have this idea, so I've gone ahead and merged your message with the thread - Search within Playlists.

Thanks for taking the time to give this great feedback. Don't forget to โค๏ธ

Great idea. Especially if you do have a huge playlist. Take care and be safe all.๐Ÿ˜

Chicken543
Local Performer

This is a huge deal to me. I want to search within my thumbs up playlist (900+ songs) for a song I know is in there that I want to play first but I don't want to be stuck in that genre. I want the songs following it to be from my set playlist. Example: if I want to listen to stairway to heaven and I've already thumbed it up but I don't want to listen to a whole bunch of classic rock I can search for it in my thumbs up playlist, hit play, and then all the songs following it will be from my thumbs up playlist.