cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Sound balancing & more volume settings

Ideas: Sound balancing & more volume settings

Alchron
On the Rise

Not sure where to post this but it would be a suggestion, but is there a way that a feature can be implemented where music output can be balanced to a similar sound level? Mainly with older music will be quieter then the remastered version due to how it was recorded.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
43 Comments
AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

@Alchron I moved your post to our Feature Suggestion space. Thanks for your suggestion!

Shawn2357
Local Performer

I'm a student looking for background noise while I read a textbook on my laptop.  The book has a setting that reads the text to me, and I want to hear some Pandora in the background.  My problem is the volume settings on pandora are too course at the bottom.  Despite all the finesse of adjusting the computer and pandora volume, the music is competing with the text. I need more granular adjustment capabilities at the bottom level of the volume.  Let's put a button near the pandora volume called, "Background" that, when pushed, recallibrates the entire volume meter to just the bottom 5%. That would give users the flexibility to multitask in the way I'm describing.  Perhaps you could expand the setting to default to background through an unsolicited phone call, or give users a choice in the settings tab. 

mod edit: personal information and title for clarity

TannerPandora

Thanks for the great suggestion @Shawn2357  🎧Hope to see you around community more!

slclark420
Local Performer

Okay... haha... I have always had a volume control on the Pandora "Player" in my we browser on my desktop.

I's gone now... I rreally feel like I have been through most user type stuff on my end but, hey.... Advice?

I think it is important to point that I am using the latest version of Firefox. The volume control shows up in I.E..

billgr0248
Local Performer

Consider this as another request for the same improvement...sound leveling.

grendadw
Local Performer

When shuffling stations there is sometimes a huge difference in volume.  Would be nice to be able to adjust volume on a "per station" basis.   Station volume boost button would be nice.

TannerPandora

Hi @grendadw thanks for the great feedback on volume playback and for the innovative idea. 

Don't forget to ❤️, the more votes an idea gets the more likely that it will be looked at for our roadmap. 

Thanks for posting in Feature Request!

Sipowicz
Local Performer

I have recently stopped using Pandora for work due to a volume issue I am having.  Each time a new song starts I have to walk over to our radio and turn the volume up, or turn it down.  I am not sure what if anything Pandora has in place to address this, I can't find any settings.  Built-in measures that I have read about in other topics don't seem to be having any effect.

Would be a problem solver if we had an option that would normalize the output volume.

TannerPandora

Thanks for the post @Sipowicz! I moved it over to an existing FR that sounds similar: Sound balancing

Please don't forget to vote ❤️ for the ideas you'd like to see on Pandora! 👍🏻

sdjohnson72
Underground

I have a problem with stand up being really quiet.