Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Standalone Samsung Galaxy Watch App

Ideas: Standalone Samsung Galaxy Watch App

redheadjenn79
Underground

Pandora > Spotify!

Please create a native app for the Samsung Galaxy watches!

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
254 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @redheadjenn79. 👋

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I moved your post over to this existing feature suggestion: Standalone Samsung Galaxy Watch App

As long as your Samsung Gear smartwatch is connected via Bluetooth, you can launch Pandora from your phone and the controls should appear on your watch. Unfortunately, there isn't the ability to launch Pandora directly from your Samsung watch.

If you haven't already, I would recommend upvoting this existing feature suggestion in order to express your interest in seeing a standalone app. You can upvote by clicking on the 💙icon next to the title of the feature request. 

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

spider3407
Underground

I decided to try Spotify because from what I read they are both great. Let me say, I HATED IT from the moment I opened it. Pandora radio stations are SO MUCH better than Spotify. Also, I had to uninstall it from my phone to stop the notification window. There is no way to say stop and even closing all apps it was still running. HORRID program. I will stick with Pandora and take my phone with me rather then ever use Spotify again.

sdneidich
Underground

Please make this app.

benpflanzer
Local Performer

yes- please add!

alibster
Local Performer

Please...I really want to work out with Samsung watch listening to Pandora and not having to carry a phone. It's the reason I want a smart watch. Also, when you do, please add full account shuffle, not just single channel. Thank you.

Allengrimm
Local Performer

Please get a Pandora app for galaxy watch 3.  I just got the watch but have been loyal Pandora user for many years.

rogerj
Local Performer

Just purchased Galaxy Watch 3. Tried spotify and it stinks (they  don't have a thumbs down and keep suggesting **ahem**) why Isn't there a standalone Pandora app for this device? I don't want to be stuck with Spotify but I have not choice now. I don't want to carry my phone. If you guys force me to learn Spotify, I will switch my premium to them.

dpena
Local Performer

This is crazy. Pandora STILL doesn't have an app for Galaxy watches? Looks like I'll have to dump Pandora (long time paying customer) and pay for Spotify.

josephpotter
Local Performer

Yes please, consider adding a Pandora stand alone app for the Samsung Galaxy active 2 smart watch. Pandora is all I listen to, and while I am comparing smart watches to buy, this feature is important to me.

spider3407
Underground

Is Pandora even paying attention to these hundreds of people wanting an app for the watch?