cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Station & playlist folders

Ideas: Station & playlist folders

Toddlaco
Underground

Adding albums to station list to have folders of different stations for different situations. Such as a folder of my stations for the gym, a folder for bike, folder for boat and etc.

It would be great if I could simply choose a folder of my stations for the gym instead of scrolling through stations in shuffle to choose them individually. So it can shuffle specifically through the stations i use for the gym, boat or whatever.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
20 Comments
LemmyCaution
Local Performer

We need folders for organizing our music. Mood/Genre doesn't cut it.

Moderator Edit: Format

trjonas
Opening Act

I saw a similar request for stations... but it would be wonderful to be able to place playlists into different folders to make playlists easier to find, and allow the option to alphabetize not only the folders but the playlists within the folders. I'm picturing something like what Mac Finder does for files and documents on a MacBook, but in Pandora.

That way we could group them into things like home, work, gym, vacation, etc. instead of having one really long string of all our playlists. 

I use Pandora most often on my iPhone but once in a while on my MacBook, in case that's helpful for my request.

That said, I love Pandora Premium and deeply appreciate the wonderful support given to us by the Pandora moderators! This isn't a complaint, just a feature request / wish. 

rosasco6
Underground

Does Pandora even look at this ?

roberts_sd
Local Performer

Yes!  Folders for Specific things, Pretty Please!

willtulluck
Local Performer

I completely agree that each of us really need folders and subfolders to catalog all of our music genres and eras of releases.  Plus, it would be helpful to have unlimited crossover music tastes because sometimes it is just not feasible to place each selection in just one folder, etc.

Please think this through because I believe that all of us in the Pandora community deserve better attention in regard to music management.  I sincerely hope that this matter will be expeditiously processed with complete attentiveness.

Because I do not see a link to establish a new account, please just contact me directly at willtulluck@gmail.com

willtulluck
Local Performer

I completely agree that each of us really need folders and subfolders to catalog all of our music genres and eras of releases.  Plus, it would be helpful to have unlimited crossover music tastes because sometimes it is just not feasible to place each selection in just one folder, etc.

Please think this through because I believe that all of us in the Pandora community deserve better attention in regard to music management.  I sincerely hope that this matter will be expeditiously processed with complete attentiveness.

Because I do not see a link to establish a new account, please just contact me directly at willtulluck@gmail.com

tenglish74
Opening Act

A solution that would be easy is to add the ability to assign a station and playlists to multiple categories the user creates, then at will a category could be shuffled.

DeanCoffee
Local Performer

I agree entirely - I would highly value a way to create folders - they have them on Spotify and they help me organize a lot of things easily - thank you - please do! 

braden_reeves2
Opening Act

Add categories to playlists, It would add a lot more possibilities, and it would make the app better! 

sabthe5th
Local Performer

Pandora has deaf ears!

I see other similar requests in Ideas (for years), but either no response for the moderators, or else moderator says, "This is being archived, per policy..."

All I want, is to be able to create music "folders" so that I can sort out different genres.... such as Christmas, Jazz, Country....

I pay for premium subscription, but cannot do something so simple as this.

PLEASE................