cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: "Soft" Account Reset

Ideas: "Soft" Account Reset

Kaeso
Underground

I speculate that many of the problems I, and likely others experience would be able to be solved, or at the very least, mitigated by the option to do a "soft" account reset. A soft account reset, to me, would look like the ability to revert your account to the state it was in when first created (no stations, playlists, or anything music related really.) Though with the major exception of keeping your subscription intact.

Also, the ability to choose individual areas to reset, like playlists, stations, or songs wouldn't be a bad idea either, in my opinion. In addition, because of how much this action would change (your account), I also think it should require the user to type their password.

There is one, extraordinarily irritating issue I have that makes me request such a feature: When I want to reset a station, the logical steps I'd follow would be to delete the station, and the recreate it out of the same song(s). The Issue? Recreating the station out of the same song would add back the station, along with all the data I wanted removed! (As in thumbed up/down songs)

Pandora is my favorite music streaming service. I'm very indecisive and rely on stations to pick my music for me. I find other services just don't have "it" when it comes to stations. So right now I feel like I'm just settling for Pandora, rather than choosing it, because of the issue explained above (third paragraph).

Labels (2)
26 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @Kaeso! Welcome to community and thanks for posting to Feature Request. 

We’re always looking to improve, and getting feedback like this definitely helps with that. Be sure to vote for the ideas you'd like to see. The more votes an idea gets the more likely that it will be looked at for our roadmap at some point.

Thanks for the suggestion!

samigirli
Local Performer

How can I vote to make this exact suggestion a thing? I'm in desperate need of this. I listen to completely different music than I did 2-3 years ago and I need some of those Thumb happy songs to go Bye-Bye.

Kaeso
Underground

@samigirli From what I understand, posts with the most likes take higher priority. Glad to know I'm not alone in this issue!

Xax
Local Performer

Is there any way to do this? I am about to delete my account because it's so full of **ahem** stations I've never played or requested that I don't want in there. Literally music I would never listen to. The user interface for deleting stations is garbage. We need at the very least to be able to select multiple stations at once and delete them as a batch job. I'll give this 1-week for a reply from Pandora customer service then I'm out. I have been a member since the beginning, but this is so frustrating ill find another service.

DBK710
Local Performer

Id like to reset my pandora without having to cancel my subscription. I want to delete all my thumbs up and artist stations

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DBK710 I moved your post over to this existing feature request since you have similar feedback: "Soft" Account Reset

At this time, there isn't a way to delete your listening history - which includes all thumb feedback, stations, playlists - without completely deleting your account or manually deleting each item one at a time.

I recommend upvoting this feature request with a ❤️to express your interest in seeing it added to the service.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

Xax
Local Performer

Obviously, that is a problem as I can no stomach the idea of using the current UI to manually delete the huge list of stations and "liked" songs.

maryrf1010
Local Performer

This is ridiculous that you cannot clear history. I had someone add a bunch of things i do not want and now I have manually undo this????!!! There is no reason why their isn't a less time consuming way to fix this issue.

hedgwest2
Local Performer

so what I'm reading is Pandora really doesn't care. SO I'll take their suggestion and delete my account and make a new email address and start from scratch... gee thanks pandora.. sooo glad you're "listening"

lisabarnes2
Underground

Since there is no "soft reset", can I get a new account at my grandfathered rate?

I am starting to get VERY frustrated trying to clean up my thumb collection that my son messed up without my permission. (He added about 5000 thumbs up using our smart tv.  Then I deleted his stations but the thumbs remain, and I don't enjoy Pandora anymore.)  I've pretty much given up waiting on Pandora to provide a way to remove thumbs from deleted stations, and I am willing at this point to go to a brand new account for a fresh start.  But I have been a Pandora paying subscriber for 10+ years and am grandfathered into the $48/year Plus subscription.  Is there any way I could end my current account and start a new account (using a new email and a new name if necessary) but get my grandfathered rate?

BTW, LiveXLive (new name for Slacker Radio) has a tier for only 99 cents/month that is looking awfully attractive these days . . . 

Thanks!