cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Higher Audio Quality

Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
158 Comments
MarkMusic
Local Performer

nope... they honestly dont care

Michael3
Underground

I have an idea to get some attention from Sirius XM/Pandora.  Let's directly send letters to each and every member of the executive team, preferably priority mail in a big cardboard envelope. 

Below is a list of executives of Sirius XM Holdings, Inc. and the corporate HQ according to the Wall Street Journal:

1221 Avenue of the Americas
35th floor
New York New York 10020
United States

I obtained all of the information from the following link:

https://www.wsj.com/market-data/quotes/SIRI/company-people

nuclearxp
Underground

Frustrating they haven't committed to this yet. Pandora was on the forefront of streaming radio stations, and now - is it actually the only one left without a HD quality tier?

MarkMusic
Local Performer

After doing A LOT of research and trying various providers (including
apple) I switched to Tidal as it truly IS the best, most accurate, sound.

MarkMusic
Local Performer

I will also say, even though I went with Tidal, for the BEST quality sound, and use it more now, I still have Pandora as their genome technology to serve up the songs I want to hear is unmatched and sometimes I want to just have a 'station' on without thinking about what I want to hear... its REALLY disappointing that the quality is **ahem** and that they don't care.  in fact we can probably say anything we want on here and they'll never respond because they Truly don't care.  

bnjmn4
Local Performer
My guess is that their customer community managers have been told not to discuss this topic or engage with it because they don't have an answer or any plans to address the problem. I went with Spotify. Their stations features are pretty good at this point, and I like their Discover Weekly feature. Pandora is like an ex boyfriend who just wouldn't get his act together so I had to move on.

Get Outlook for Android
LoganSigle
Local Performer

yes they need to do this im prob gonna switch to apple music lol

LoganSigle
Local Performer

u need good music for good sound systems lol

MarkMusic
Local Performer
Tidal has the best, natural quality
Adubs
Underground

Tidal peddles that MQA nonsense. It's a shame honestly. If you want lossless, MQA isn't. Just another proprietary codec pushing itself on the industry by whatever means necessary. I can't support that.

Pandora premium would be a no-brainer for me if it were simply 16bit 44.1/48khz flac streams. Even an equivalent to 320kbps mp3 would be more than adequate for most of my listening, and probably many others.

I spent nearly $200 on an IEM setup, $6000 on the system in my car, and countless thousands on home audio equipment, not to mention cds and digital content on Bandcamp just to have the best experience I can for the music I listen to. Pandora is relegated to music discovery because of how poor everything sounds. I would be perfectly fine with $20/mo for a truly lossless service, and I know I am not alone here.