cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
284 Comments
MarkMusic
Local Performer

I will also say, even though I went with Tidal, for the BEST quality sound, and use it more now, I still have Pandora as their genome technology to serve up the songs I want to hear is unmatched and sometimes I want to just have a 'station' on without thinking about what I want to hear... its REALLY disappointing that the quality is **ahem** and that they don't care.  in fact we can probably say anything we want on here and they'll never respond because they Truly don't care.  

bnjmn4
Local Performer
My guess is that their customer community managers have been told not to discuss this topic or engage with it because they don't have an answer or any plans to address the problem. I went with Spotify. Their stations features are pretty good at this point, and I like their Discover Weekly feature. Pandora is like an ex boyfriend who just wouldn't get his act together so I had to move on.

Get Outlook for Android
LoganSigle
Local Performer

yes they need to do this im prob gonna switch to apple music lol

LoganSigle
Local Performer

u need good music for good sound systems lol

MarkMusic
Local Performer
Tidal has the best, natural quality
Adubs
Opening Act

Tidal peddles that MQA nonsense. It's a shame honestly. If you want lossless, MQA isn't. Just another proprietary codec pushing itself on the industry by whatever means necessary. I can't support that.

Pandora premium would be a no-brainer for me if it were simply 16bit 44.1/48khz flac streams. Even an equivalent to 320kbps mp3 would be more than adequate for most of my listening, and probably many others.

I spent nearly $200 on an IEM setup, $6000 on the system in my car, and countless thousands on home audio equipment, not to mention cds and digital content on Bandcamp just to have the best experience I can for the music I listen to. Pandora is relegated to music discovery because of how poor everything sounds. I would be perfectly fine with $20/mo for a truly lossless service, and I know I am not alone here.

Polymathy1
Local Performer

I would love to have high quality audio, and given that I seldom use my nice stereo to listen to music, I haven't ever checked the quality of what's coming through my cheap car stereo or halfway decent desktop PC speakers.

I think it's essental that criticism and demands compare apples to apples. 64kbps MP3 is garbage' but 64k AAC is not that bad. Likewise, 192k AAC is good but 192k mp3 is disappointing and clippy. I would be thrilled (and pay more for) actual near-lossless audio. I'm particular about sound quality and used to school my friends back when burned CDs were all the rage on MP3 Quality. 192-320kbps VBR MP3 at 16bits and 44/48KHz would be great quality audio and is essentially CD quality - especially when CDs are sometimes made from MP3s in the first place.

malice890
Local Performer

It is almost 2022, when will you turn on 320kbps like everyone else?

MarkMusic
Local Performer
poor management. I can probably promote another service with quality
sound like Tidal.com on here and they'd never know it or care.

the only thing they have going for them is their genome technology
where it is pretty darn accurate in building the stations, which is
the only reason I keep it.

All they've had to do is a high quality open for an extra $9.95/mo
and they'd be the best around.

Bizarre.
chulohock
Underground

I just took a survey regarding their community and told them how dissatisfied I am. I told them that we repeatedly ask about higher sound quality and they don't even respond. I told them that if they have no plans of offering it just say so instead of stringing folks along. That's just shady!