cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Higher Audio Quality

Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
166 Comments
Polymathy1
Local Performer

I would love to have high quality audio, and given that I seldom use my nice stereo to listen to music, I haven't ever checked the quality of what's coming through my cheap car stereo or halfway decent desktop PC speakers.

I think it's essental that criticism and demands compare apples to apples. 64kbps MP3 is garbage' but 64k AAC is not that bad. Likewise, 192k AAC is good but 192k mp3 is disappointing and clippy. I would be thrilled (and pay more for) actual near-lossless audio. I'm particular about sound quality and used to school my friends back when burned CDs were all the rage on MP3 Quality. 192-320kbps VBR MP3 at 16bits and 44/48KHz would be great quality audio and is essentially CD quality - especially when CDs are sometimes made from MP3s in the first place.

malice890
Local Performer

It is almost 2022, when will you turn on 320kbps like everyone else?

MarkMusic
Local Performer
poor management. I can probably promote another service with quality
sound like Tidal.com on here and they'd never know it or care.

the only thing they have going for them is their genome technology
where it is pretty darn accurate in building the stations, which is
the only reason I keep it.

All they've had to do is a high quality open for an extra $9.95/mo
and they'd be the best around.

Bizarre.
chulohock
Local Performer

I just took a survey regarding their community and told them how dissatisfied I am. I told them that we repeatedly ask about higher sound quality and they don't even respond. I told them that if they have no plans of offering it just say so instead of stringing folks along. That's just shady!

rktchip
Local Performer

Please increase the sound quality like Apple or Amazon.

LoganSigle
Local Performer
Ya I would agree man
rktchip
Local Performer

This is really surprising and no wonder the music sounds better on every other music provider:

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Other-Devices/In-home-device-audio-quality/m-p/79803/highlight/true...

Quote:

Currently, most in-home devices receive 128k MP3 audio - whether the account is free or paid.

Mobile devices receive a variety of different rates depending on the capability of the device and the network they are on, but never more than 64k AAC+.

On our website, Pandora plays 64k AAC+ for free listeners and 192k for Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers.

Adubs
Underground

As a reminder, make sure you guys are liking the OP.  Nothing changes unless we make ourselves heard, and that will send a clear message.

Michael3
Underground
What are you referring to "liking the OP?"
Adubs
Underground

Clicking the heart on the first post. OP meaning original post or original poster.