cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

Ideas: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

m_alvare5
Underground

Hi everyone.  I'm super annoyed with Alexa creating a new station everytime it misunderstands what we requested.  It creates dozens of new stations every week and adds it to My Collection.  We need a way to prevent this behavior.  Maybe a lock mechanism where you need a three digit pin number to create a new station, that way Alexa or the kids won't create stations I don't want.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
155 Comments
NoMoreStations
Local Performer

I agree with all comments: by far the most frustrating "feature" on Pandora right now.  Devs, please do something about it!!!

gdovic
Underground

Mine created so m many new stations, that it deleted the old stations that I've been curating and listening to for years. Gone. All I have now are junk stations and have to start over with new stations. How is this not getting fixed?

amberofcc
Underground

I do NOT want this “feature”!!!! Absolutely ridiculous. I spent 30min deleting bogus stations after my kids search for songs using Echo Dot. Complete waste of my time.

WillN
Local Performer

Pandora please fix this is issue. It is clearly upsetting to your paying customers. With two boys creating random radios every day, I am one step away from cancelling and switching to Amazon Music to stop dealing with this.

Glamdring
Opening Act

based on the fact the only reply to this 5 month old request from pandora is a thank you for submitting it, despite quite a number of likes and not one reply disagreeing with you I would say either a. their reply is "screw you" OR b. in answer to jimmy's question about how many likes/posts for them to act the answer is 4,379

danielfruth
Local Performer

This is actually almost a joke.  I start Pandora and it starts some creepy kids station that my kids accidentally started.  It's horrible.

cblackstone
Local Performer

Honestly it would be nice to have control over whether you want Alexa to create stations on your pandora or not.  Although I personally would keep this feature to block Alexa from adding stations enabled

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks for the feedback @cblackstone

I moved your post to an existing FR on this: Lock for creating new stations (Alexa - Stop creating new stations please)

Don't forget to vote for the ideas you want to see on Pandora. The more votes an idea gets the more likely that it will be looked at for our roadmap at some point.

Thanks!

johnirvingleven
Local Performer

stop thanking me and please fix this!!!!

padillabowen
Local Performer

Agreed! I hate having a hundred stations for every random artist that I happen to look up! Stop creating automatic stations!

This a a major problem with Mobile also. It's not a feature. It's a complete waste of my time deleting stations I never wanted to begin with. 

Moderator Edit: Format