cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Peterwwjd
Underground

I sometimes forget that I have a song already in a playlist and when I add a song already in my playlist it will duplicate it and not let me know its already in a specific  playlist I am choosing to add it.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
117 Comments
FlipC
Underground

DITTO

chari
Local Performer

Will we get a notification that this problem has been fixed?

avemex
Local Performer

I want to remove it too. My playlist is humungous, and I want to remove the accidental duplicates

LastDJ
Opening Act

@chari Not sure what is going on.  It has been out there since Oct 2019.  I don't know how feature requests or this community works.  It is a bit frustrating to not know if it is something that is being worked on if it has floated somewhere to the feature abyss.

Pookou
Underground

I think it'd be great if a little message popped up when adding a song saying "you already added this song to this playlist. Do you want to add it again? Yes/No."

Or maybe just an option for removing duplicates or not allowing duplicates.

bluemtmole23
Local Performer

Definitely need a way to warn before adding a duplicate , and a way to scan for duplicates. Would really be useful.

caroline
Local Performer

Please implement this feature!!!! So important.  I work so hard on my playlists and am a perfectionist, as many of us probably are... I continue to advocate for Pandora vs. (the other service) but we need this feature.

justicewas
Local Performer

Please implement this!  My playlists are huge, and I wish there was a way to automatically remove duplicates.

Jeffreyw75
Local Performer

Pop up notification if your adding a song too your personal playlist that already exists in the playlist. So annoying after having a playlist with hundreds of songs, not knowing if you added that song already, so now you have to scroll forever to see if its in there.

Jeffreyw75
Local Performer

Say what?