cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Option to Manually Refresh Offline Stations

Ideas: Option to Manually Refresh Offline Stations

Gr8aunt
Underground

I still feel there should be an option to manually refresh a station.  You cannot thumbs up or down while driving.  For example, the 60s, 70s, 80s station must have thousands and thousands of songs under that category.  I would like a random new selection of songs from time to time, and that has NOT happened since I began listening.  I was able to listen while working one day, and I did thumb up and down - but, that has NOT changed the songs that are playing on the station when I am off-line in the car.  And, as I mentioned, I like the serenditpity (surprise) of hearing a new batch of songs that I might not have remembered to look up, or haven't heard in a long time.  So, I would like to be able to clear the station of current songs, and have a refresh on what shows up.

Moderator Edit: Updated title for clarity

Labels (1)
6 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

@Gr8aunt Moving your idea over to our Feature Request board for you as others may be interested in this option too. Thanks for sharing your suggestion with the community!

scottmsanders
Local Performer

If you toggle Offline Stations off and back on, it usually refreshes your stations.

You should find this in Profile > Settings (gear icon) > Offline.

PirateB
Local Performer
And adds garbage. I've had to thumbs down all but three songs in one of my offline stations.
jthaddad
Local Performer
I keep deleting and re-downloading my offline stations but they have been playing the same exact songs in the same order for a while now. When i listen to that station online it's completely different because of songs I have thumbed up. It's seriously frustrating because I use the offline station in the car (I live in a rural area with spotty service) and at home when I'm doing chores outside. I end up having to listen to the regular radio, but when I'm paying $50+ a year to have this service it'd be nice if it worked properly.
ryanito
Local Performer
I hope this is the correct place to post. I have been unable to get the offline stations to update for a long time. I used to be able to trigger the updates by hitting next a few times. At this point, I have tried adding new seeds to each station, tried creating more space on the phone, deleting and reinstalling Pandora. I think the last update worked right after the last Samsung update, but I haven't the administrative command over Android to distill why. Phone reboots don't yield any results. Most of the reason I got the subscription was the offline mode..
Julz
Underground

Make it visually confirming.

I've only seen it happen once ever.

add an actual button already.

Especially if subbed to plus/premium