cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: App for Garmin devices

Ideas: App for Garmin devices

kellyjdahlke
Underground

I just purchased a Garmin Forerunner 245 Music and was so disappointed that Spotify has an app for Garmin but Pandora does not. When I started running, I specifically chose Pandora premium because I prefer you over Spotify. I had to purchase a Spotify premium account so that I can listen to music on my new running watch. Please create a Garmin compatible app so that I don't have to completely switch to Spotify. Thanks! 

Labels (1)
90 Comments
gsoundinc
Local Performer

+1 for this feature.  I really hate spotify, but I REALLY need my music on a run or bike-ride.

gsoundinc
Local Performer

+1 for this feature.  I really hate spotify, but I really need my music on a run or bike-ride.

mikeyd
Local Performer

Please cut a deal with Garmin. I got rid of Spotify, Itunes, I Heart radio and Sound Hound and listen to Pandora exclusively. Please figure this out so I dont have to go back to those Apps. Yall got it dialed in.

strangeintp
Local Performer

I'll add my support for this...  I have some well-tuned Pandora stations, that I'd like to access on my Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music.  As an Amazon Prime member I have access to music on the watch, but there's no decent Latin Hip-hop station that keeps me going while I'm working out!  And I haven't got the time to generate my own playlist.

kball
Local Performer

I have been on a free account for a long time after having premium for a while. I would pay for this.

markers
Local Performer

Absolutely! Please work out a deal with Garmin. 

kiqstart
Local Performer

Agree, agree, agree. Pandora - you are driving customers to your competitors. Garmin is not going anywhere and they are one of the most popular products in the active sport market - I already own 1 automotive, 2 motorcycle, and 2 bicycle GPS devices, and just purchased a Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music watch.

Please, please, please add support to Garmin products - particularly the bicycle (all sports really) and wearable products!

FyreDawg143
Local Performer

Same here! I like my Pandora, but since I haven’t purchased premium yet, it won’t take but 2 shakes to signup with Spotify. 
OK, ...since the original comment/post was a year ago, why is there no priority to provide this service your loyal Pandora & Garmin members? 🤷🏻‍😠

forrests
Local Performer

Not sure where Pandora is with Garmin, but the bigger problem is making music available offline with various listening devices, e.g. pcs, tablets, phones, smart watches, etc. I know this has copyright implications, but it is also the reality of the modern world. Pandora and Garmin need to figure this out. Maybe the seismic change is copyright laws. I note that Garmin allows Amazon music as well as a Spotify app. These are two big players as well as smaller Deezer and iHEARTradio. But the disconnect is in an industry standard so that Apple Music and Pandora Users can also use their music app to play music on their smart watch or other device. Pandora is limited to its interplay, but does have an app for the Apple iWatch but not for Garmin watches. So Pandora plays with Apple and Garmin plays with Spotify and Amazon, but Pandora and Garmin do not play well together (except for lesser Fitbit devices).

josh1
Local Performer

Same boat and after nearly 2 decades am leaving Pandora for spotify.  Didn't want to go but need music on my garmin for running.