cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ideas: App for Garmin devices

Ideas: App for Garmin devices

kellyjdahlke
Underground

I just purchased a Garmin Forerunner 245 Music and was so disappointed that Spotify has an app for Garmin but Pandora does not. When I started running, I specifically chose Pandora premium because I prefer you over Spotify. I had to purchase a Spotify premium account so that I can listen to music on my new running watch. Please create a Garmin compatible app so that I don't have to completely switch to Spotify. Thanks! 

Labels (1)
92 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @kellyjdahlke Thanks for posting and for the great suggestion! 

Ericr
Local Performer

Echo this, we need a Garmin app for Forerunners!

thedrwalker
Local Performer

Ditto! I'm really disappointed Pandora didn't have an app for Garmin. I don't want to have to cancel my Pandora premium that knows my music preferences to get Spotify...๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

AMoeller88
Local Performer
I 1000% agree, I have been using Pandora for years and dont want to switch. I had to switch watches, as Fitbit was just **ahem** and i was replacing the device every 8 - 10 months. Please make it for Garmin, so we all can enjoy music again.
Chopath
Local Performer

Yes .....this would seriously increase the runners that use Pandora!  

Chopath
Local Performer

Is there a plan to develop an app for Garmin devices?  There is a significant number of runners that would want this support.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hey, @Chopath. ๐Ÿ‘‹

I moved your post over to the Feature Request board to keep the community organized. I'm sure others would be interested in this option as you've mentioned. โŒš๏ธ

In the meantime, the devices we currently support can be found here.

Be sure to search for your suggestion on the main Feature Request page, and click on the โค๏ธicon next to the title to express your interest.

Thanks for posting on the community!  ๐ŸŽถ

AKCat
Local Performer

Agreed! I'm looking at upgrading my fitness tracker to a Garmin watch and love the idea of getting one that stores music ( either the Vivoactive 3 music or Forerunner 245 music) but don't want to pay that much money for a watch with music that I can't even use my preferred streaming service with. I love using Pandora for workouts for the variation keeping me from getting bored with a playlist and would love to be able to get in on my watch and ditch the phone!

WEGIII
Local Performer
I'm in the same boat. I am now looking at Amazon Music or Spotify and really dont want to leave Pandora and all our history!
johnswen
Local Performer

Ditto here. I'm a longtime Pandora premium user and also a longtime Garmin Forerunner watch user and runner. Either Pandora comes out with a Garmin app soon or I'm going to drop my Pandora family account for all four members of my family and switch us all to Spotify.

A Pandora app that works with Garmin watches is no longer a "nice to have" wishlist feature, it's essential.