cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Reset all Thumbs and Thumbprint Radio

Ideas: Reset all Thumbs and Thumbprint Radio

Guber
Underground

The ability to erase all previous thumbs up to allow thumbprint to be recreated with a different playlist. Tastes change in music and the ability to have thumbprint to change with it

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
9 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @Guber! Thanks for the post!

We’re always looking to improve, and getting feedback like this definitely helps with that.

Thanks for being a part of our Community!

NormD
Local Performer

I would like to see this feature as well.  Someone else in my family messed with my collection.

Smith1776
Local Performer

Hey Adam, 

I purposely deleted my thumbs up playlist hoping that would reset my pandora library. I just started using it today after a few years of no use and my music taste has changed. I thought it would restore itself and would like that playlist back. I tried to follow the link to contact support you posted but it didn't work. Can you assist?

Do you know how to reset pandora as well so I can start fresh?

Thanks!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Smith1776 I moved your post to this existing feature request: Reset All Thumbs and Thumbprint Radio

Starting fresh:

Currently, the only way to really "start fresh" would be to delete your account, and create a new one using the same email address. Doing this would allow you to start all over again with creating new stations.

If you'd like some assistance with this, let me know and I can escalate you over to our support team.

In the meantime, I recommend upvoting this feature request with a ❤️to express your interest in getting it added to the service.

Restoring your My Thumbs Up playlist:

I went ahead and restored this playlist back to your collection.

Hope this helps!

Draebie
Local Performer

I would like to reset my entire thumb print radio all together, after having it for 5+ years I dont have the same music taste 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Draebie Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

I moved your post to this existing feature request: Reset All Thumbs and Thumbprint Radio

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to "reset" your Thumbprint Radio station so that it starts fresh without playing tracks you've previously thumbed on your collected stations.

If you'd like to see this added, I recommend upvoting this thread with a ❤️

In the meantime, the only way to get this done would be to:

• Delete your account entirely, and start fresh by creating new stations. Once you've thumbed up enough tracks on each of those stations, you'll be able to add Thumbprint Radio again so that it reflects your new Thumbs Up ratings. If you'd like some assistance with this, let me know and I can escalate you over to our support team.
  • Manually go into each of your stations and remove all Thumbs Up ratings you've given on them. Once those are all removed, you can then begin listening on each of those stations again, and can start Thumbing Up new tracks that play.

Hope this helps! 

lekeeshia
Local Performer

So I have to delete my entire account just to reset ONE song I love but hit thumbs down by accident!?!? That is CRAZY! ..... Can you at least put something in place that asks if I am sure before thumbing down a song that I cant get back... 

lekeeshia
Local Performer

All this time and still no resolution!?! WOW! I will be deleting my account......

pjlennon
Local Performer

I accidentally clicked on a "Thumbs down". I found this page which allows me to remove that Thumbs-down (thank you) in this thread ... https://community.pandora.com/t5/My-Collection/How-to-edit-thumb-ratings/m-p/1852#M219