cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set frequency of repetition

set frequency of repetition

mattspringer
Opening Act

It would be nice if there was a setting to tell Pandora how much time should elapse before it plays the same piece again.  Example: once it has played a particular piece, the same piece would not play again for a day, 2 days, 1 week, etc.

Labels (1)
4 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks for the feedback on repetition @mattspringer

It can be a difficult thing to balance songs repetition on stations and I definitely understand where you're coming from.

In the meantime, have you tried 'I'm Tired of this Track'?

If you'd like to prevent a song from playing for a while, but you don't want to give it a thumbs down, you can select "I'm tired of this track." 

From the Now Playing screen, just tap the album artwork to view the track details, then tap the three dots in the top right and select "I'm Tired of this Track."

If you selected "I'm tired of this track," the song will come back eventually, but there isn't a way to undo this action - so be sure you want to shelf the song for a bit. 

Thanks for post to FR! 🎧

mattspringer
Opening Act

Right, I use "I'm tired of this track" all the time.  I was just thinking that it would be a useful feature to be able to say globally that I don't mind things I like being repeated a couple of times a day or I don't want them to be repeated within the same week, etc.  Thanks.

mhkidd
Underground

Does "I'm tired of this track" work across multiple stations?

desdinova
Local Performer

I agree that we should have the ability to choose Frequently, Occasionally, or Rarely (we already have thumbs down) to determine the frequency of a song playing.