cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: App for Android Automotive (AAOS/Google Built In)

Ideas: App for Android Automotive (AAOS/Google Built In)

Irishska
Underground

Pandora seems to have an app for every smart device I have ever bought, except a new car with AAOS (Android Automotive OS).  Please port a tablet version of Pandora for AAOS so that I can use that instead of radio or Spotify (which does have an app). 

94 Comments
WAZ
Underground

Sadly, no one at Pandora is listening...

JeffComeau
Local Performer

You are correct, I switched to Live One, which is formally Slacker Radio. Oddly enough I started with Slacker, and switched to Pandora when I bought a car that didn't have the Slacker app on it.  

pru
Local Performer

Please add Pandora to AAOS!

ryanstout1980
Underground

I've been a long time Pandora subscriber 15+ years. I have purchased a new 2023 Chevrolet Silverado that has the Android Auto Operating System. I can't select Pandora as an option to install, but I can see every other service and some I've never seen before. Many people are pleading for you all to get this working in the vehicles and not having to rely on our phones for this to work. I am also in this camp, I've called many places in both GM's and Google's sides with no luck. You are the only one who can make this happen for your loyal customers, I don't really want to switch from our awesome community but if you can't deliver on what your entire community is asking for then I and we have no other choice but to move to another service. Please get this fixed, or give us some kind of timeline so we know that you are actually hearing us and not ignoring us.

Iamgroot
Local Performer

I canceled pandora premium and switched to another service. Oh well, I’m just one little account that they won’t even feel.  

rfpett4
Local Performer

You are not just "one little account".  There are a lot of us and sooner or later, Pandora WILL have to adapt or go broke.  I myself have had it with companies that do not respond to their customer base.  After all, we are the ones that keep them in business.

stifcho01
Local Performer

End of 2023 and Pandora on AAOS still isn't an option. I requested it through Volvo and am supporting the idea here as well. Make it happen, Pandora!

bmurry226
Local Performer

I agree! Please make this happen. I'm being forced to choose between Spotify and Amazon music as GM has already announced they're going to start getting rid of the ability to support Android Auto. 

BenStock
Local Performer

Doh... Just bought a '23 XC90. I'm a premium Pandora member currently and a Pandora member since 2009. What is everyone's preference for an alternative service to Pandora that works on AAOS? 

Iamgroot
Local Performer
Only one that's polished on AAOS is Spotify but I hate it so I'm just using Apple Music. At least it has decent integration with Siri so using it over Bluetooth isnt a hassle, and I got a magsafe vent mount for the phone.

Over the past few months I've also ran into several issues with the console on our XC90, such as unresponsiveness or slowdowns, Maps losing data connection requiring a reset that takes forever, crashing, and general negative user experience. I'd hate to go back to using CarPlay but we're on the verge of returning. AAOS is slower than a 5 year old Android phone I had, they must have used some cheap processors.