cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Disable "Now Playing" redirection when clicking a new station

Ideas: Disable "Now Playing" redirection when clicking a new station

BenABooey
Underground

Eliminate "Now Playing" page redirection when I click on new stations. Previous/Next station buttons

Undoubtedly, the most frustrating and annoying thing about the Pandora interface is that when I click on a station from my "My Collection" page, it redirects me to the "Now Playing" page. This forces me to click the back button to get back to my "My Collection" page if I want to click on another station. And I have to do this every time I want to choose a new station.

These unnecessary extra button clicks are both frustrating and tedious, to the point where they discourage me from using Pandora as much as I would like. And I imagine many users feel the same way.

So please don't redirect us to the " Now Playing " page every time we click on a new station from the " My Collection " page.

Instead just allow users to stay on my collection page when we click on a new station. And just display the currently playing track in a low-profile player at the bottom of the page. This way, users can easily select another station immediately without the need to repeatedly click the back button to return to the " My Collection " page first every time.

Additionally, you can greatly improve the " Now Playing " page and make it much more convenient by displaying ALL the stations in my collection in the left-hand column (without requiring users to click on a dropdown menu to see them) where only a few stations from our collections are listed now.

Presently, to see the rest of our stations from the " Now Playing " page, we have to go back to the " My Collections " page yet again which we shouldn't have to.

This simple change of just displaying all of our stations in the left column without a dropdown menu (to avoid more unnecessary clicks) on the " Now Playing " page would eliminate the need to return to the " My Collection " page to access the rest of our stations.

Lastly, there should be simple previous and next station buttons located over the left-hand column where all of our stations should be listed on the " Now Playing " page.

As well as previous and next station buttons in the standalone player and as previously suggested, at the bottom of the page in the "currently playing" low-profile player that is persistent across pages users visit when listening to Pandora. 

The previous and next station buttons would allow users to cycle through their stations without having to select them individually and manually. Keyboard arrow shortcuts that allow us to do the same would be an added convenience.

The overall goal should be to provide users with a seamless and efficient way to switch between different stations, quickly, easily, and conveniently - minimizing the number of clicks required to do so.

To summarize, the current practice of the following unnecessarily adds extra clicks that could be easily avoided to achieve that goal:

1) Redirecting us to the " Now Playing " page each time we click on a station so we have to click back to get to our collections page just to choose another station every time

2) Not conveniently displaying all of our stations on the " Now Playing " page so we have to go back to the " My Collection " page yet again to select them

3) Not providing previous and next station buttons. And in multiple places

Thanks for listening and changing these 3 things if you do.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity and format

Labels (1)
2 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @BenABooey 

Thanks for your posting to the Ideas Board.

We’re always looking to improve, and getting feedback like this definitely helps with that. The status of your post has been updated to Open ideas.

Thanks for being a part of our Community!

BenABooey
Underground

Thanks Tanner! I hope the suggestions are ones you can implement soon.