cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Peterwwjd
Underground

I sometimes forget that I have a song already in a playlist and when I add a song already in my playlist it will duplicate it and not let me know its already in a specific  playlist I am choosing to add it.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
119 Comments
builditj
Local Performer
Thank you Adam!

Joshua Spurgeon
chari
Local Performer

I want the ability to identify duplicate songs in my playlist.  ❤️

Also, some notification that the song I'm adding is already in that playlist. ❤️

Thanks

DiscotheUnicorn
Local Performer

Would be a simple button in the top corner of the main page for large playlists, as they sometimes glitch and let you add two of the same song without giving you the notification. On large playlists, it's a pain in the butt to have to go back and fix this. What if we just had a button we could press that would find duplicate songs and delete all the duplicates, leaving just one copy of the song on your playlist?

majorgolfer123
Underground

"I want the ability to identify duplicate songs in my playlist. 

Also, some notification that the song I'm adding is already in that playlist"

114 requests for this feature over 4 years. Please act on this Pandora!!!

RayJ
Local Performer
Pandora can only see $$$$, just like all big corporations today. Their mottos are all the same, 'If it doesn't make money, we don't give a **ahem** about it.' Sad, but so very true.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Thank you,
[cid:image001.jpg@01DA5DBD.89ADC5C0]
Ray Jackson
[cid:image002.png@01DA5DBD.89ADC5C0]
Streb Fire Protection Services
1305 West Enos
Springfield, IL 62702
Phone: 217-679-3286
Cell Phone: 217-971-4228
Email: rjackson@strebfireprotectionservices.com

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
[cid:image003.png@01DA5DBD.89ADC5C0]Please consider our environment before printing!
brysonc1
Local Performer

So here I am 4 years later . . . and there is still no duplicate removal or prevention . . . is that correct?

RayJ
Local Performer

Yes, it's because Pandora is like most large companies in the USA today.  Their motto is, "If it doesn't make us money, we don't care." To borrow a line from the 3 Stooges, their name should be changed to, " Dewey, Cheathem and Howe."

LSB
Local Performer

It would be great if Pandora added a built-in feature to prevent adding the same song multiple times to a playlist - the way YouTube does.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LSB I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Make sure to upvote this Idea with a ❤️ as well if you'd like to see this option added to Pandora.

Thanks for being a part of the community! :pandora: