cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Celebrating Louis Armstrong: A-Z Playlist

Pandora

The legendary Louis Armstrong was born this day in 1901 in New Orleans, LA .

The man who became known the world over as "Satchmo" was an ambassador for joy and happiness. His trumpet, his smile, his laugh and his willingness to ‘live for that audience’ all helped to make Louis Armstrong a 20th century icon. He was also a trumpet player of outstanding skill whose technical expertise and the genius of his musical imagination made him the model for virtually every jazz musician from the late 1920s to the outbreak of World War II and beyond.

Listen now:

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 1.15.31 PM.png

3 Replies

I always remember him just smiling, every where he went, everyone he was seen with. He was always smiling. He made you smile, just watching him. A true legend. Thanks for sharing Pandora. Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska And what a nice memory to have of someone, of them smiling. 😊

I like the song "When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles with You)". 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

AlyssaPandora  If you were in a negative mood and you were in his presence I doubt you stayed in that negative state of being. He always seemed perky as well as in great up beat spirits. He just made you smile almost as big as his smile. Take care Alyssa and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska