cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) (Clean Only)

genre song of the day_updatedusername.png

Pop: Foolish Games by Jewel.   Foolish Games (LP Version) "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me" ranked at number 15 on Billboard's All-Time Top 100 and held the record in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest chart run of a single for "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me", which charted for 65 weeks. (Side note). This is my favorite overall song, as well as the artist. 

Easy Listening: Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers.  Unchained Melody  The repertoire included some of the Righteous Brothers' best-known songs, such as "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'," "Soul & Inspiration," "Unchained Melody", but also the later "Rock and Roll Heaven", as well as Bill Medley's "The Time of My Life".

Country: Making Believe by Emmylou Harris. Making Believe (2003 Remaster) Emmylou Harris is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. She has released dozens of albums and singles throughout her career and has won 14 Grammys, the Polar Music Prize, and numerous other honors, including induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 2018 she was presented with the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.

Christian/ Christian Contemporary: How Can It Be by Lauren Daigle.  How Can It Be Lauren Ashley Daigle was born on September 9, 1991. Daigle grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana in an environment of zydeco, Cajun, and blues music.

Rock/ Rock-n-Roll: She Talks To Angels by The Black Crowes.  She Talks To Angels  This is regarded by many as The Black Crowes' best and most well-known song. It hit number one on the US Album Rock Tracks chart and number 70 on the UK Singles Chart in 1991. The eighth track on The Black Crowes ‘ 1990 album Shake Your Money Maker and one of the singles from the album.

download (11).jfif Genre Songs Of The Day (GSOTD)  Updated as of 3/18/24.

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
521 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice! @MOHLovesAlaska

Here's my version of the song of the day (SOTD) for different genres. Feel free to click on the album art to check out my song choices.

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.28.01 AM.png

Pop: 

Without Me by Halsey

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.31.01 AM.png

R&B:

Fool For You by Snoh Aalegra (album art indicates explicit but this song isn't)

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 12.06.38 PM.png

Indie Electronica: 

BLOOM by ODESZA

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!

AlyssaPandora I will check these songs out as I eat my supper tonight. Thanks for posting Alyssa, as well as participating with me with genre songs of the day. I honestly thought we would have had a great response for those that would have been interested in participating. 

P.S You have my word Alyssa, I will listen to every song that you post. That also holds true for all who may post a song, or add to genre song of the day. Thank you. Take care and stay safe. Looking forward to tomorrows post.  

I collected two songs from your choices of genres (SOTD)  Fool For You by Snoh Aalegra, and the other one is  BLOOM by ODESZA. Great choices AlyssaPandora.   

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

My turn!

Let me know what you two think @MOHLovesAlaska @AlyssaPandora 😎

(Sorry if I'm switching up the genres a little @MOHLovesAlaska 😅)

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.35.33 AM.png

R&B: Be Alone - Blxst

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.40.33 AM.png

Hip-hop/Rap: Rap N Roll (Explicit) - Dom Kennedy

• this is a full album - I couldn't choose one song, but it has been on repeat for a while 🎧

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.43.36 AM.png

Rock (ish?): Dreams - Fleetwood Mac

• Heard this one circulating around social media and it's been stuck in my head ever since 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I love Dreams by Fleetwood Mac, @AdamPandora.

Nice choices! 🎶

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

@AdamPandora hey guy, thanks for posting, as well as participating. As I had said to @AlyssaPandora , I will say the same too you. I give you my word, I will hear these songs that are posted. No matter who posts the songs. The idea behind this whole thing, is to try and expand music listeners experience, and perhaps even like a whole genre of music. At least that was my thought, and plan. 

tyshad21 is the one who had given me the idea when he was posting (S.O.T.D.) but for some reason he quit posting. So when I decided to pick it back up, this is what I came up with. I hope you continue with us each day AdamPandora. I also hope others will as well. You take care and stay safe. Have a great day, as well as a great week. Thanks again @AdamPandora.

I listened to your songs that you had picked AdamPandora, I agree with Alyssa, Fleetwood Mac and the song Dreams was great. Thanks again Adam. Be safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

Today's genre song of the day will be longer. The more time I have to add more genre's the more song's will be added. Enjoy today's tunes. 

Electro: Alaska (Acoustic) by Maggie Rogers.  https://pandora.app.link/Kx4icIMNJab

Margaret Debay Rogers is an American singer-songwriter and record producer from Easton, Talbot County, Maryland. Her big break came when her song "Alaska" was played to Pharrell Williams during a master class at New York University's Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music. She was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best New Artist in 2020. (Side note, thank you Alyssa for this song)

New Age: Promontory - Composer Trevor Jones/ Randy Edelman. https://pandora.app.link/QSZhjTbOJab  This is from the 1992 film "Last Of The Mohicans" 

Folk Rock: The Story - Brandi  Carlile.  https://pandora.app.link/hIO2cUuOJab She has won 7 Grammy's and 1 GLADD Media Award. 

Pop: Someone Like You - Adele. https://pandora.app.link/o6UjnjFOJab  She is the first artist to have 2 songs in the top 5 since the Beatles in 1964. Adele's song "Someone Like You" stood at #1, while "Rolling In The Deep" slipped to #4. 

Christian/Christian Contemporary: You Say - Lauren Daigle.   https://pandora.app.link/YQg8Pb0OJab  A repeat artist from yesterday, however, new song.

Rock/Rock-n-Roll: Sylvia's Mother - Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show.   https://pandora.app.link/KJhCzehPJab It was the band's first hit in 1972. The song was also written by Shel Silverstein, who wrote children's books, cartoons, as well as songs. His books sold over 20 million copies, and had been translated into 30 different languages. He has won 2 Grammy's, one Golden Globe, and nominated for a Academy Award. 

Country: Ode To Billie Joe - Bobbie Gentry.  https://pandora.app.link/8QleLgyQJab  This was the #3 song for 1967. It was also nominated for a staggering 8 Grammy nominations. This song has also made it in the Rolling Stones top 500 songs of all time. 100 Greatest Country songs of all time, and Pitchforks 200 best songs of the 1960's. 

Until tomorrow, have a great day. Take care and stay safe.

P.S Tomorrow's post will be a late one.   

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska I like "The Story" - "Alaska" - "Someone Like You".

Some of these songs fall under multiple genres so I'll post what I consider it to be. 😏

Here are my choices for the SOTD - click on the album art or the title of the track to listen. 🎶

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.16.01 PM.png

Alternative Pop / Electronic:

Warm Water by BANKS

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.10.06 PM.png

R&B:

Pink + White by Frank Ocean (album art indicates explicit but this song isn't)

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.19.25 PM.png

Rock: 

Lisztomania by Phoenix

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.27.33 PM.png

Jazz: 

In A Sentimental Mood by John Coltrane & Duke Ellington

AlyssaPandora  I added "Warm Water" by Banks to my All Women's Playlist. The song itself was attractive with the lyrics. I also added "Lisztomania" by Phoenix to my Thumbs-up playlist.  I also added "In A Sentimental Mood" By Coltrane & Ellington to my Jazz with some Soul playlist. These are some really good tunes you picked for you genre songs of the day.

Thanks for posting AlyssaPandora. Have a great day, take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

Pandora

Hopefully we're not too late to the party, @MOHLovesAlaska! Thanks for the awesome thread! :pandora:

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.22.41 PM.pngPop: The Score - Unstoppable

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.24.50 PM.png

Easy Listening: Adele - Someone Like You

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.30.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.32.47 PM.png

Rock-n-Roll: Air Supply - All Out Of Love

@Pandora never too late to post music. I am glad you added songs to this thread. I am going to listen to each song. The list was great, I added Air Supply song to two of my playlist that I have. I love the song by Adele, I have it in my playlist. The other two songs were pretty good as well. Take care and stay safe. 

P.S So glad you added to this thread, I hope more will add as well. Be safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

Pop: Jar Of Hearts by Christina Perri:   https://pandora.app.link/dae5ojdzLab   

Christina Judith Perri is an American singer and songwriter. After her debut single "Jar of Hearts" was featured on the television series So You Think You Can Dance in 2010, Perri signed with Atlantic Records and released her debut extended play, The Ocean Way Sessions. Her debut studio album, Lovestrong, followed soon after and has since been certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America.

Easy Listening/Soft Rock: Faithfully by Journey:   https://pandora.app.link/cf9nAPpzLab  Journey’s second single off of their eighth studio album, “Frontiers.” Jonathan Cain wrote the lyrics to “Faithfully” on a paper napkin while on a tour bus headed to Saratoga Springs, New York. The melody however, came to him in a dream. The song is about the complications of having a family and being a married man while touring around the world as a musician. However, the story behind “Faithfully” is one with a tragic ending, since Jonathan and his wife got divorced soon after the song’s release. 

Country: 10,000 Miles by Mary Chapin Carpenter:   https://pandora.app.link/HZJPbUHzLab   

She has won 5 Grammy Awards, and is the only artist to have won four consecutive Grammy Awards for best female Country Vocal Performance, which she received from 1992-1995. On October 7, 2012 Carpenter was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall Of Fame.  

American Reggae: Once In A Lifetime by Stick Figure:  https://pandora.app.link/dKPLONoALab 

Stick Figure is an American reggae and dub band founded in 2006 and based in Southern California. The group has released seven full-length albums and one instrumental album, all of which were written and produced by frontman and self-taught multi-instrumentalist Scott Woodruff. The live band consists of vocalist, producer and guitarist Scott Woodruff, keyboardist Kevin Bong, drummer Kevin Offitzer, bassist Tommy Suliman and keyboardist, backup vocalist and guitarist Johnny Cosmic. Cocoa, an Australian Shepherd, often joins the band onstage, and has accordingly been nicknamed Cocoa the Tour Dog.

New Age: Deora ar mocroi' by Enya:   https://pandora.app.link/MtifkkIALab

Eithne Pádraigín Ní Bhraonáin, known professionally as Enya, is an Irish singer, songwriter, record producer and musician. Born into a musical family and raised in the Irish-speaking area of Gweedore in County Donegal, Enya began her music career when she joined her family's Celtic folk band Clannad in 1980 on keyboards and backing vocals. She left in 1982 with their manager and producer Nicky Ryan to pursue a solo career, with Ryan's wife Roma Ryan as her lyricist. Enya developed her sound over the following four years with multitracked vocals and keyboards with elements of new age, Celtic, classical, church, and folk music. She has sung in ten languages. 

Christian/ Christian Contemporary: Don't Deserve You by Plumb:   https://pandora.app.link/63LzuH3ALab   

Tiffany Arbuckle Lee, better known by her stage name Plumb, is a Christian songwriter, recording artist, performer and author. Plumb has sold more than 500,000 albums and over two million singles worldwide, co-penned songs for numerous other artists, including Michelle Branch, Mandisa, Mandy Moore, Jaci Velasquez, and Natalie Grant, and had music placed in many films and television shows. Originally signed as a Christian Contemporary Music recording artist in 1997, Plumb is now known as well as or better in alternative rock, electronic dance music, and for the use of her music in film and television than she is in the CCM market.  

Enjoy the tunes for today's G.S.O.T.D, so until tomorrow, take care and stay safe all.   

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy Wednesday, friends! I've included my choices for today below.

You can click on the link or the album art to check out the song.

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 1.13.46 PM.png

Soul with Folk/Gospel Influences: River by Leon Bridges 

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 1.23.18 PM.png

R&B with Electronic Influences: On My Mind by Jorja Smith (Jorja Smith X Preditah Remix) 

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 1.27.04 PM.png

Rap: Do Not Disturb by Drake (Explicit) (not for you @MOHLovesAlaska 😉)

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 1.30.14 PM.png

Indie Alternative / Electronic Pop: Hey Now by London Grammar 

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 1.35.18 PM.png

Indie Rock: What You Know by Two Door Cinema Club

@AlyssaPandora, LOL , (not for you mohempstead) you are probably right! However, I will still give it an ear. You posted it, I will keep my word. Thanks for your choices of SOTD. Take care and stay safe.  

P.S AlyssaPandora I really liked "River" by Leon Bridges, I added it to two of my playlist. Great song. I also liked "Hey Now" by London Grammar, I also added this song to my playlist. And "YES" you were absolutely right!! "Do Not Disturb" by Drake was not at all for me. I did give it a listen too, it was almost as painful to hear as it would be pulling a tooth without Novocain. I suffered through it because I am a quick healer. Just kidding... I have heard worse. You had some great choices. Thank you, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska let me give this a try! :pandora: 🎸🥁🎹

Pop: Coldplay - Viva La Vida

Easy Listening:  Explosions in the Sky - From West Texas

Christian/ Christian Contemporary:  NF - If You Want Love

Rock/ Rock-n-Roll:  Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

@ErickPandora great choices ErickPandora, I collected Coldplay for my playlist, NF - If You Want Love.  Thanks for posting as well as adding to GSOTD list. Take care Erick and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

🎶Thursday's SOTD:

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.21.23 AM.png

Electronic with Jazz Influences: Your Love by Tom Misch (featuring Alexa Harley)

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.33.15 AM.png

R&B: Eternal Sunshine by Jhené Aiko

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.41.20 AM.png

Rock: Magic by Coldplay

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.54.00 AM.png

Pop: Break My Heart by Dua Lipa

Your turn, @MOHLovesAlaska! (I also love the song River, it's actually one of my favorite songs)

TannerPandora

Gonna post too! 🎉

Pop

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.13.33 AM.png

Levitating by Dua Lipa

Country

9 to 5 by Dolly Parton9 to 5 by Dolly Parton

9 to 5 by Dolly Parton

R&B

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.16.26 AM.png

Free Your Mind by En Vogue

Rock N Roll

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.26.29 AM.png

Bad Reputation by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

@TannerPandoragreat songs, I am going to post my GSOTD just as soon as I get some reading done. I read every morning, as well as every evening. Thanks for adding songs to GSOTD, TannerPandora. You have a great night, take care and stay safe. 

P.S I added Free Your Mind to my all women's playlist. Great songs TannerPandora. Looking forward to your next GSOTD selection. Be safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

Sorry for the late post all. Here are my choices for GSOTD for today (tonight). 

Alternative Rock: The Beautiful by Five for Fighting.  https://pandora.app.link/wyBqg9WVNab   A great supporter of the U.S. Military, Ondrasik has given away five volumes of compilation “CD for the Troops” albums to our United States Armed Forces.  He features not just himself, but includes fellow recording artists ranging from Billy Joel to Melissa Etheridge and their biggest hits . Over one million of CD’s for the Troops have been distributed to soldiers worldwide.  Additionally, the charity site,  www.whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com  inspired by his song, “World,” saw fans uploading videos showing their respective interpretations of a better world. That initiative raised more than $250,000 for five designated charities — Augie’s Quest, Autism Speaks, Fisher House Foundation, Save the Children and Operation Homefront.

Folk Rock: Into The Mystic by Van Morrison.  https://pandora.app.link/vIeegprWNab   

Awards and accolades - a knighthood, a Brit, an OBE, an Ivor Novello, 6 Grammys, honorary doctorates from Queen’s University Belfast and the University of Ulster, entry into The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame and the French Ordres Des Artes Et Des Lettres - attested to the international reach of Van’s musical art. 

Pop Rock: Just Give Me A Reason by P!nk (Featuring Nate Ruess).   .https://pandora.app.link/rO8Nz1PXNab  The song was released on 2012 as a single off the album Truth About Love. It has won a Grammy for the best Pop Duo/Group Performance and had been recently performed live. The song is a rock pop with piano hitting hard in the background, making the record sound more vivid.

Country: He Stopped Loving Her Today by George Jones.  https://pandora.app.link/blwjVHHYNab   During his career, Jones had more than 150 hits, both as a solo artist and in duets with other artists.  

Enjoy today's tunes. Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska