cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) (Clean Only)

genre song of the day_updatedusername.png

Pop: Foolish Games by Jewel.   Foolish Games (LP Version) "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me" ranked at number 15 on Billboard's All-Time Top 100 and held the record in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest chart run of a single for "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me", which charted for 65 weeks. (Side note). This is my favorite overall song, as well as the artist. 

Easy Listening: Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers.  Unchained Melody  The repertoire included some of the Righteous Brothers' best-known songs, such as "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'," "Soul & Inspiration," "Unchained Melody", but also the later "Rock and Roll Heaven", as well as Bill Medley's "The Time of My Life".

Country: Making Believe by Emmylou Harris. Making Believe (2003 Remaster) Emmylou Harris is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. She has released dozens of albums and singles throughout her career and has won 14 Grammys, the Polar Music Prize, and numerous other honors, including induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 2018 she was presented with the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.

Christian/ Christian Contemporary: How Can It Be by Lauren Daigle.  How Can It Be Lauren Ashley Daigle was born on September 9, 1991. Daigle grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana in an environment of zydeco, Cajun, and blues music.

Rock/ Rock-n-Roll: She Talks To Angels by The Black Crowes.  She Talks To Angels  This is regarded by many as The Black Crowes' best and most well-known song. It hit number one on the US Album Rock Tracks chart and number 70 on the UK Singles Chart in 1991. The eighth track on The Black Crowes ‘ 1990 album Shake Your Money Maker and one of the singles from the album.

download (11).jfif Genre Songs Of The Day (GSOTD)  Updated as of 3/18/24.

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
521 Replies

Good Monday morning, as some of you may have noticed there was no GSOTD post yesterday, I will no longer be posting on Sundays I will be taking Sundays off from posting. 

For GSOTD for today, there are five songs that will be added all by request. The first request comes from this Smooth Jazz artist here on @Pandora Phil Klein ( @philmobet ). I will be adding his final song to his collection of songs The Sweetest Part. This is Phil's 42nd song that will be added to the GSOTD post and playlist. Please be sure to give an ear to Phil's Smooth Jazz music, he also has some R&B and Soul as well. I have collected 12 of his songs to my own personal Jazz playlist. Phil's latest hit is called Sparks and Fascination, be sure to check that out as well. The next request comes from @marcy87all four songs that have been requested come from a playlist called Bob's Birthday Playlist. You will find this playlist here in the community. 1) Stayin' Alive (From "Saturday Night Fever" Soundtrack) by The Bee Gees. 2) Another One Bites The Dust (Remastered 2011) by Queen. 3) Black Or White by Michael Jackson. 4) Travelin' Man by Ricky Nelson. Enjoy today's selections. 

Vocal Jazz//Jazz: The Sweetest Part by Phil Klein ( @philmobet ). The Sweetest Part  Clif Payne is the vocalist for this Jazz piece, and on guitar is Michael Alverado.  A variety of performers from the contemporary Bay Area jazz scene join keyboardist Phil Klein on the album Cruise Control, a collection primarily composed of silky ballads. And be sure to check out his latest hit "Sparks and Fascination. (side note: Thanks for your music Phil). 

Disco// Club dance: Stayin' Alive (From "Saturday Night Fever" Soundtrack) by The Bee Gees. Stayin' Alive (From "Saturday Night Fever" Soundtrack)   Saturday Night Fever is the soundtrack album from the 1977 film Saturday Night Fever starring John Travolta. The soundtrack was released on November 15, 1977. It is one of the best-selling albums in history, and remains the second-biggest-selling soundtrack of all time, after The Bodyguard, selling 40 million copies worldwide (double-disc album).

Hard Rock: Another One Bites The Dust (Remastered 2011) by Queen. Another One Bites The Dust (Remastered 2011)   "Another One Bites the Dust" was used in a study to train medical professionals to provide the correct number of chest compressions per minute while performing CPR. The bassline has close to 110 beats per minute, and 100–120 chest compressions per minute are recommended by the British Heart Foundation and endorsed by the Resuscitation Council (UK).

Disco: Black Or White by Michael Jackson. Black Or White   In Michael Jackson’s song “Black or White,” the song exemplifies and symbolizes many different things. His songs have reached out to many and with this song, “Black or White,” he has made an astonishing delivery. The theme of Jackson’s song was racism, and the title of his song was a symbol of his theme.

Pop: Travelin' Man by Ricky Nelson. Travelin' Man  "Travelin' Man" is an American popular song, best known as a 1961 hit single sung by Ricky Nelson. Singer-songwriter Jerry Fuller wrote it with Sam Cooke in mind, but Cooke's manager was unimpressed and did not keep the demo, which eventually wound up being passed along to Nelson. His version reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. It was released as a double A-side with "Hello Mary Lou", which reached No. 9 on the same chart. In the United Kingdom, "Travelin' Man", coupled with "Hello Mary Lou", reached No. 2, becoming Nelson's biggest UK hit. Nelson is accompanied on the recording by the vocal quartet, The Jordanaires.

Until sometime tomorrow, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

For GSOTD for today, I will be adding six songs, all six songs come by request from three requestees and from the playlists that they have submitted here in the community. The first request comes from @QueenElenaBella, the name of her playlist is called Songs That Everyone Will Like. 1) Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift. 2) Umbrella by Rihanna. The next request comes from @Pandora this playlist is from the music artist Ariana Grande and from her new album Positions. 1) My Hair. 2) West Side. The final request comes from @tr3coast with both songs coming from WGFM- 88.3 PM 30 Max playlist. 1) I Miss You by Bigg Robb. 2) Too Many Memories by Johnny Taylor. Enjoy the selections for today. 

Dream Pop// Synth Pop: Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift.  Wildest Dreams  "Wildest Dreams" is a song by American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift, taken from her fifth studio album, 1989. Swift wrote the song with its producers Max Martin and Shellback. "Wildest Dreams" is a synth-pop and dream pop power ballad that incorporates an atmospheric production equipped with string instruments and Swift's heartbeat as its beat. The lyrics describe Swift's plea for her lover to remember her despite the inevitable end of their relationship. 

Pop// Hip-hop//R&B: Umbrella by Rihanna.  Umbrella (Remix) (Radio Single)  " Umbrella " is a song by Barbadian singer Rihanna from her third studio album Good Girl Gone Bad (2007). It features American rapper Jay-Z, who co-wrote the song.

R&B//Soul: My Hair by Ariana Grande. My Hair  “my hair” is a 2020 reinvention of an old-school soul that flips its first verse from a double entendre into an invitation for someone to run their fingers through her tresses. Grande’s whistle range acts as a counterpoint to her understated flirtation, "My Hair" debuted at #65 on the Billboard Hot 100 during the chart week of November 14, 2020. 

R&B: West Side by Ariana Grande. West Side  Ariana Grande’s “west side” is the 10th track off of her 2020 studio album, “positions.” The song is centered around the idea of being picky with her love. Ariana is demanding in an enticing way on this track.

R&B//Soul: I Miss You by Bigg Robb. I Miss You  It’s been almost 3 decades since Robert ”Bigg Robb” Smith started on his professional musical journey. Hailing from Cincinnati Ohio, Robb’s earliest childhood memories are of him reading Ebony and Jet magazine aloud for family and friends. 

R&B//Soul: Too Many Memories by Johnny Taylor.  Too Many Memories  Johnnie Harrison Taylor (May 5, 1934 – May 31, 2000) was an American recording artist and songwriter who performed a wide variety of genres, from blues, rhythm and blues, soul, and gospel to pop, doo-wop, and disco. Johnnie Taylor was born in Crawfordsville, Arkansas, United States.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday evening. @tmsouth has requested five songs from the music playlist challenge #15 that they had completed. 1) I Lived by One Republic. 2) Count On Me by Bruno Mars. 3) Up With The Birds by Coldplay. 4) Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin. 5) Have It All by Jason Mraz. 

Pop-Rock: I Lived by One Republic. I Lived   "I Lived" is a song recorded by the American pop-rock band OneRepublic. It was released as the sixth single from the album, Native (2014). It was originally planned to be released as the fifth single in January 2014, but was shelved in favor of "Love Runs Out".

Reggae: Count On Me by Bruno Mars. Count On Me   “Count on Me” was the fifth single, from Doo-Wops And Hooligans, Bruno Mars' debut studio album. It was written by Mars, Philip Lawrence, and Ari Leving (of The Smeezingtons).  

Post-Brit pop//Alternative Rock:  Up With The Birds by Coldplay. Up With The Birds  "Up with the Birds" received generally positive reviews from critics. Martin Aston of BBC, in his review of Mylo Xyloto, called the song "a serene finale that shows Coldplay understands the change of dynamics more than the dynamics of change." Helen Clarke of MusicOMH described the song as a "lyrical pick-n-mix cover" of "Anthem", writing: "It's an interesting choice to wrap up with; the sedate, poetic lullaby perhaps signaling the end of Martin's 'concept'."

A cappella: Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin.  Don't Worry Be Happy   "Don't Worry, Be Happy" is a song by American musician Bobby McFerrin released in 1988. It was the first a cappella song to reach number-one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, a position it held for two weeks. Originally released in conjunction with the film Cocktail, the song peaked at No. 1 on September 24, 1988, displacing "Sweet Child o' Mine" by Guns N' Roses. The song also peaked at No. 11 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Tracks chart and No. 7 on the Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks. The song was also a hit in the United Kingdom, reaching number 2 during its fifth week on the UK's single chart. 

Pop: Have It All by Jason Mraz. Have It All  Mraz said: "‘Have It All’ stood out as a song with a hopeful message to help me heal and move forward; a song with a message of generosity—the antithesis of despondency," "It’s a blessing disguised as a rap song, and it’s meant to be paid forward and shared.” The song speaks of life’s limitless possibilities of hope, togetherness, affection, friendship, intimacy, and beyond.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday afternoon. I have selected three songs from @ShannonPandora and her playlist that she put together for the #16 Summer playlist challenge. Be sure to participate in the music challenges, they are great fun, and they are for you to have a chance to get to know some new music you may not have heard before. New music you may come to like, you just never know unless you try. Without further ado, here are @ShannonPandora's selections. 1) Watermelon Sugar by Harry Styles. 2) Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Ray. 3) Summertime by Kenny Chesney. I will conclude by adding the last two songs. Enjoy the music. 

Funk-pop //Indie pop//Psychedelic pop//Pop-rock: Watermelon Sugar by Harry Styles. Watermelon Sugar   "Watermelon Sugar" is a song by English singer Harry Styles from his second studio album Fine Line, included as the album's second track. Styles wrote the song with Mitch Rowland and the song's producers, Tyler Johnson and Kid Harpoon. They were inspired by the American novel In Watermelon Sugar by Richard Brautigan. "Watermelon Sugar" is a horn and guitar-driven rock, funk-pop, indie pop, psychedelic pop, and pop-rock song.

Trip Hop: Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Ray.  LOVELYU (Cover By Lana Del Ray "Summertime Sadness")    "Summertime Sadness" is a song by American singer and songwriter Lana Del Rey from her second studio album, Born to Die (2012). The trip-hop ballad was released on June 22, 2012, by Interscope Records as the fourth single of the album.

Country: Summertime by Kenny Chesney. Summertime    Written by Craig Wiseman and Steve McEwan, Kenny Chesney released “Summertime” in April 2006. The lyrics are a collection of memories from the singer’s youth.

British Invasion: You Really Got Me by The Kinks.  You Really Got Me   "You Really Got Me" by The Kinks. Originally released on 4th August 1964, the band's 3rd single You Really Got Me went to number 1 on the UK singles chart and later in the year to number 7 in the US charts.

Reggae: One Love People Get Ready by Bob Marley & The Wailers. One Love/ People Get Ready   "One Love/People Get Ready" is a reggae song by Bob Marley & The Wailers from their 1977 album Exodus. It was first recorded in a ska style by Marley's original group, The Wailers in 1965 and was released as a single. This version was later included on their first singles compilation The Wailing Wailers in 1965. It was rerecorded as part of the 1970 medley "All In One", which contained reggae reworkings of their early ska songs. This was released as a single and is also included on the compilation African Herbsman under the name "All in One". The version on Exodus was not released as a single until 29 August 1999, promoting the forthcoming greatest hits album Legend. However, the single became one of his biggest hits and has been included on many of Marley and the Wailers' subsequent compilation albums.

MOHLovesAlaska

Disregard. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

For GSOTD for this Friday I will be adding all five songs that are three different playlists that have been posted here in the @Pandora community. The first song comes from @ErickPandora Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse) by Post Malone & Swae Lee. This comes from the #16 Summer Challenge playlist. Our next song comes from @AdamPandora Summer Nights by Lil Rob. This song also comes from the #16 Summer Challenge playlist. The final three songs come from @Pandora and from the playlist Hand Picked by Us// Black Music Month - June 2021. 1) A Song About Fishing by Genesis Owusu. 2) We Got To Have Peace by Curtis Mayfield. 3) The Good by Cynthia Erivo. Have a great weekend everyone, and enjoy the music. 

Soundtracks: Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse) by Post Malone & Swae Lee.  Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse)  Post Malone confirmed his contribution to the film "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on the 2nd of October 2018. He also played a snippet of the song on the show. Swae Lee revealed on the 15th of October 2018 that he would perform the song as a featured artist, and released a snippet of the song.

West Coast Rap: Summer Nights by Lil Rob (clean).  Summer Nights (clean)  "Summer Nights" is a single released by Lil Rob on his 2005 album, Twelve Eighteen Part I.

Hip-Hop//R&B: A Song About Fishing by Genesis Owusu. A Song About Fishing   Kofi Owusu-Ansah (born 1998), known as Genesis Owusu, is a Ghanaian-Australian singer from Canberra. He was born in Ghana and moved to Australia at the age of 2. He is the brother of Citizen Kay. His music builds on soul, funk, rap, and pop to create a unique sound. Owusu's debut studio album, Smiling With No Teeth. Was released on 5 March 2021. 60 hours of music was recorded during sessions for this album.

Rock: We Got To Have Peace by Curtis Mayfield. We Got To Have Peace  Curtis Lee Mayfield was an American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and record producer, and one of the most influential musicians behind soul and politically conscious African-American music. He first achieved success and recognition with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted group The Impressions during the civil rights movement of the late 1950s and 1960s, and later worked as a solo artist. Jun 03, 1942 - Dec 26, 1999 (age 57). 

Soul//Pop: The Good by Cynthia Erivo. The Good  Oscar-nominated actor Cynthia Erivo who already has a Tony and Grammy under her belt is making her original music debut with the anthemic single “The Good” from her upcoming album.“Ch. 1 Vs. 1,” Erivo’s debut album of original music, is set for release on Sept. 17 via Verve Records. The first single from the set, “The Good,” which released today, showcases Erivo’s smooth vocals over soul-infused, feel-good instrumentals. Despite its upbeat tempo, “The Good’s” lyrics tell a more somber story as Erivo details a failed relationship but decides to remember the good times. “What can I do to make these days go by?/ When darkness surrounds me but I see the light/ Just wanna remember the good,” Erivo sings.

MOHLovesAlaska

For GSOTD for this Saturday, all five songs are coming from the Lean On Me: Friends Forever playlist that was posted here in the community by @Pandora, Enjoy your weekend and enjoy the music

Pop rock, Psychedelic pop: With A Little Help From My Friends (Remix) by The Beatles.  With A Little Help From My Friends (Remix)   " With a Little Help from My Friends " (originally titled "A Little Help from My Friends") is a song written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, released on the Beatles album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band in 1967. The song was written for and sung by the Beatles' drummer Ringo Starr.

Dance-pop: Wannabe by The Spice Girls. Wannabe   “Wannabe” is a hit song by the British pop group Spice Girls. It was a single from their debut album Spice, released in 1996.

Rock//Pop//Wee-pop: You're My Best Friend (Remastered 2011) by Queen.   You're My Best Friend (Remastered 2011)     "You're My Best Friend" is a song by the British rock band Queen, written by the band's bass player, John Deacon, who wrote it for and about his wife. It was first included on the 1975 album A Night at the Opera and later released as a single. The ballad also appeared on the Live Killers live album and on the compilation albums Greatest Hits, Absolute Greatest, and Queen Forever.

Power-pop: I'll Be There For You by The Rembrandts. I'll Be There For You  The song was written by David Crane, Marta Kauffman, Michael Skloff, and Allee Willis as the main theme song to the NBC sitcom Friends, which was broadcast from 1994 to 2004. The song was originally offered to American rock band R.E.M., who turned it down, so Warner Bros. Television selected the only available band on Warner Bros. Records to record it:

Pop-rock: Waiting On A Friend by The Rolling Stones. Just Waiting On A Friend (Remastered 2009) "Waiting on a Friend" is a song by the Rolling Stones from their 1981 album Tattoo You. Written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards and released as the album's second single, it reached No. 13 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart in the US. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Monday afternoon, for GSOTD for today I will be adding four songs from two different playlists, the first playlist is called Summer Radio by @Pandora song of choice "Come and Get Your Love (Single Version) by Redbone. The second playlist is called Cancer SZN, this one is also by@Pandora, three songs will be added from this playlist. 1) Crash and Burn by Lindemann. 2)Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey. 3)Temporary by Lauren Jauregui. Enjoy the music, and have a great Monday. 

Pop-rock//Swamp-pop//Funk-rock: Come and Get Your Love (Single Version) by Redbone.  Come and Get Your Love (Single Version)   "Come and Get Your Love" is a song by rock band Redbone. The song was originally released as a promo track under the name "Hail" and was later featured on the album Wovoka, under its current name. The song was released as the album's first single the following year. Written and produced by band members Pat and Lolly Vegas, it is one of the band's most successful singles. It made them the first Native American band to reach the top five on the Billboard Hot 100 reaching number 5. 

Pop//Pop-punk: Crash and Burn by Margaret Elizabeth "Maggie" Lindemann. Crash and Burn  Margaret Elizabeth "Maggie" Lindemann is an American singer-songwriter. She is best known for her 2016 breakout single "Pretty Girl", which peaked at number 4 in Sweden, number 6 in Ireland, and number 8 in the United Kingdom and the Netherlands.

Pop//Trip-hop: Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey. Summertime Sadness  "Summertime Sadness" is a song by American singer-songwriter Lana Del Rey from her second studio album, Born to Die. The pop ballad was released on June 22, 2012, by Interscope Records as the fourth single of the album. Charting across Europe, the single reached the top ten in Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Luxembourg, and Switzerland. In the spring of 2013, "Summertime Sadness" reached number one in Poland, Ukraine, and Armenia.

English-Spanish ballad//Singer-songwriter: Temporary by Lauren Jauregui. Temporary   This is a new song which is sung by famous singer ​Lauren Jauregui. This song was released on 30 April 2021.

MOHLovesAlaska

I deleted a song that was added to the GSOTD playlist yesterday for the simple fact it was already added from a previous post. The song was Who Will Save Your Soul by Jewel. I also deleted the post about the song and the artist, for it also contained duplicate information from an earlier posting. Without further ado, here are the five songs I have picked for GSOTD for this Tuesday. Enjoy the music. 

Christian EDM: Come Back Home (GATTÜSO Remix) by Petey Martin & Lauren Daigle. Come Back Home (GATTÜSO Remix) Lauren Daigle wrote about "Come Back Home" on Twitter on the 8th of January 2021, "This song brings me so much joy, and honestly, I can’t help but keep singing it over and over and over again. I absolutely LOVED working with you (Petey Martin).

EDM//Singer-songwriter: Monster (Single) by Bianca Linta. Monster (Single)  Singer, DJ, songwriter, composer, arranger. Bianca Linta, a Romanian transplant from New York City, can best be described as the “Futuristic Jeanne d'Arc” of singers and DJs. She attacks the silence of the night like a sainted, but seductive, “holy spear-wielding” heroine from an ancient book found in the alternate-reality mythos. After experiencing one of her shows, no matter how things are going in life, you’ll know you have LIVED!

Tropical Pop: Everybody Needs Love by Teddy Beats & Jacob Browne. Everybody Needs Love   Building on his inspiring style of fun, positivity-inspired music, chill house trailblazer Teddy Beats is teaming up with Jacob Browne for his new single “Everybody Needs Love.” The Baltimore-based artist continues to release music at an impressive pace, signifying an artist fully comfortable within his own creative sphere.

Electronic Music: Life Is Love Dancing by Jonathon Conant. Life Is Love Dancing   Jonathon's own description of his song, “Well, the song title comes from my endless search for a deeper understanding of life and the desire to express what I find in a way that ignites compassion in the listener. I was told once that we all struggle to empathize with our own experiences. It’s a reason we allow ourselves to be treated unlovingly. I was trying to occupy a space where I fully empathized and was hit with this kind of joyful feeling of being love dancing around in a body. Thinking maybe we all are, at least potentially. I guess the song is saying how delicate the balance is, how scary it is to occupy life fully, be compassionate and face our shortcomings. Funny cause, a lot of my music is kind of dark and or sexy, so this is a fun departure.

Disco//Funk//Dance: Funkytown by Lipps Inc. Funkytown  "Funkytown" is a song by American disco act Lipps Inc. from their debut album Mouth to Mouth. It was released as the album's lead single in 1980. "Funkytown" reached the top spot in the United States, West Germany, Canada, Austria, Switzerland, Norway, the Netherlands, and Australia, among many others.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday morning. For GSOTD for today, I will be adding three songs from the Laid Back Beach Music playlist that was posted here in the community by @Pandora, the fourth & fifth songs I have selected. Enjoy the music. 

Reggae: Winds From The West by Stick Figure. Winds From The West  Stick Figure is a reggae band from California. All music is created by singer Scott Woodruff. Until 2009 he lived in Duxbury, Massachusetts, as Stick Figure all alone. After a long trip to NZ and Bali, he 2011 moved to San Diego to put together a band.

Country: Old Friends by Chris Stapleton. Old Friends  Here are the 10 best Chris Stapleton songs. Note that this list was written in 2018, so it doesn't incorporate "Arkansas," "Maggie's Song," "Hillbilly Blood," "Worry B Gone," "Watch You Burn," Guy Clark cover "Old Friends" and other selections from new album Starting Over.

Pop: Staple It Together by Jack Johnson. Staple It Together · Jack Johnson. Jack Hody Johnson (born May 18, 1975, in North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii) is a singer, professional surfer, composer, and filmmaker who has achieved critical and commercial success.

Adult Contemporary//Pop: Hello Again (From "The Jazz Singer" Soundtrack) by Niel Diamond. Hello Again (1981) "Hello Again" is a song written by Neil Diamond and Alan Lindgren that appeared in the 1980 movie The Jazz Singer and was performed by Diamond on the soundtrack album to the film. It was also released as a single and reached No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 3 on Billboard's Adult Contemporary chart.

Blues-rock//Hard-rock//Psychedelic-rock//Pop-rock: American Woman by The Guess Who. American Woman  "American Woman" is a song released by the Canadian rock band the Guess Who in January 1970, from their sixth studio album of the same name. It was later released in March 1970 as a single backed with "No Sugar Tonight", and it reached number one for three weeks commencing May 9 on both the United States Billboard Hot 100 and the Canadian RPM magazine singles chart. Billboard magazine placed the single at number three on the Year-End Hot 100 Billboard Chart. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday evening, here are my five choices for GSOTD (they could be your five choices if you make a request) for today. Enjoy the music.

Punk Rock//Rock: All Your Sisters by Mazzy Star. All Your Sisters    Mazzy Star may have come to an actual end, however, as co-founder Robleck passed away in February 2020. Sandoval, devastated by the loss, posted a poem about her former partner: "What will we do now? Now that you leave me here. Even though the dark blue sky is still radiant and filled with the comforting sadness that holds us together."

Hard Rock: Black Cadillac by Shinedown. Black Cadillac    The band's origins trace back to frontman Brent Smith's prior band, Dreve, which had signed a record deal with Atlantic Records in 2000. The record label, unhappy with Dreve as a whole, dropped the band prior to releasing an album but retained Smith, who they felt was worth developing separately as an artist. Atlantic signed Smith to a development deal where record representatives helped him with his songwriting ability and helped him recruit members for a new band, which would become Shinedown.

Pop//Disco//Adult Contemporary: America (From "The Jazz Singer Soundtrack) by Neil Diamond. America (From "The Jazz Singer Soundtrack)  The simple chorus and upbeat tone of this wonderful 80s tune puts America front and center. It might seem cheesy at first, but it's far more than patriotic drivel; at its core, it is a song about immigrants and those seeking a better life coming to America to make it their home. For all of our ancestors who came before us were all immigrants.

Pop// Rock "n" roll: Only The Lonely by Roy Orbison. Only The Lonely  "Only the Lonely " is a 1960 song written by Roy Orbison and Joe Melson. Orbison's recording of the song, produced by Fred Foster for Monument Records, was the first major hit for the singer. It was described by The New York Times as expressing "a clenched, driven urgency". Released as a 45 rpm single by Monument Records in May 1960, "Only the Lonely" went to No. 2 on the United States Billboard pop music charts on 25 July 1960.

Country Ballad: Sweet Dreams (Of You) by Patsy Cline.  Sweet Dreams (Of You) (Single Version) "Sweet Dreams" or "Sweet Dreams (of You)" is a country ballad, which was written by Don Gibson. Gibson originally recorded the song in 1955; his version hit the top ten of Billboard's country chart but was eclipsed by the success of a competing version by Faron Young. 

MOHLovesAlaska

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Good evening, friend! Thanks for your continued contributions with this extensive library of songs.

I'd like to request The Allman Brothers - Midnight Riders https://pandora.app.link/eA8vl3eHmhb

Thank you I love this series!
Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

@ErickPandorawill gladly add your request dear friend. It will be added to today's post. Thank you for your request, Erick. You take care and stay safe, 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Saturday evening, for GSOTD for this Saturday I will be adding four songs that are all by request. The first song has been requested by @Pandora's very own @ErickPandora, and the song that he has selected is Midnight Rider by The Allman Brothers Band. The next three songs have been selected by @cuddlebunny729these were selected from her Summer Challenge #16 playlist. Thank you @ErickPandora and thank you @cuddlebunny729 for your selections. Enjoy the music.

Southern Rock//Blues Rock: Midnight Rider by The Allman Brothers Band. Midnight Rider  "Midnight Rider" is a song by the American rock band the Allman Brothers Band. It was the second single from their second studio album, Idlewild South, released on Capricorn Records. The song was primarily written by vocalist Gregg Allman, who first began composing it at a rented cabin outside Macon, Georgia. He enlisted the help of roadie Robert Kim Payne to complete the song's lyrics.

New Wave// Post-Disco//Dance-pop: Cruel Summer by Bananarama. Cruel Summer  "Cruel Summer" was not an immediate international success when it was released. Although it reached No. 8 on the UK Singles Chart, its international popularity soared after its inclusion in the 1984 feature film The Karate Kid; this was a year after the song's original release. The group did not allow the song to be included on the film's soundtrack album, but it still reached No. 9 in the U.S., their first top ten hits there.

Disco-pop//Funk-pop: California Gurls (feat. Snoop Dogg) by Katy Perry. California Gurls (feat. Snoop Dogg)    "California Gurls" sold 294,000 digital downloads in its first week and debuted at number one on the US Billboard Digital Songs chart. It debuted at number two on the Billboard Hot 100, making it Perry's highest debut on the chart at the time. On the issue dated June 19, 2010, the song reached number one, becoming Perry's second number-one song and Snoop Dogg's third.

Country Rock: All Summer Long by Kid Rock. All Summer Long   "All Summer Long" was Kid Rock's fourth song to chart on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming his third top-40 hit on the Hot 100 and the biggest hit of his career. It reached number 23 on the Hot 100 based solely on airplay since Kid Rock had not made his catalog available for legal digital download at the time. It also became a pop crossover hit, reaching the top 10 on the Mainstream Top 40 chart. "All Summer Long" has also reached the top 10 on Billboard's Adult Top 40.

MOHLovesAlaska

Because it is such a late post I have just three songs that I have selected for the GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music. 

Reggae: Number One by Gregory Isaacs. Number One  Gregory Anthony Isaacs OD was a Jamaican reggae musician. Milo Miles, writing in The New York Times, described Isaacs as "the most exquisite vocalist in reggae".

Country: Right Or Wrong by George Straight. Right Or Wrong  Right or Wrong is the third studio album by American country music artist George Strait, released on October 6, 1983, by MCA Records. Right or Wrong topped Billboard's (North America) Top Country albums.

Pop Rock: Oh Sherrie by Steve Perry.  Oh, Sherrie  · “Oh Sherrie” was the debut single of then- Journey frontman Steve Perry. The song was a massive hit, reaching the top 10 in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Monday morning. I have selected four songs for GSOTD for today. Enjoy the music. 

Piano Rock: Lost Boy by Ruth B. Lost Boy  Writer(s): RUTH BERHE. "Lost Boy" is the debut single by Ruth B. The song was released on the 12th of February 2015. It was the first song she has ever written.

Pop: Mercy by Shawn Mendes. Mercy   "Mercy" is a song by Canadian singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes. It was co-written by Mendes with Ilsey Juber, Danny Parker, and Teddy Geiger, with the latter handling the song's production with Jake Gosling.

Pop//Dancehall//Tropical House: Shape Of You by Ed Sheeran. Shape Of You  " Shape of You " is a song by English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran. It is the first single from his third studio album, ÷ ("divide"). It was released on January 6, 2017. "Shape of You" has reached number one on the charts of several countries, including entering at the top of the charts in the UK, US, Canada, and Australia.

Future bass EDM//Pop: Closer (feat. Halsey) by The Chainsmokers.  Closer  " Closer " is a song by American DJ duo The Chainsmokers, featuring American singer Halsey. Andrew Taggart (one-half of The Chainsmokers) also provides his vocals in the song. It was released on July 29, 2016, through Disruptor Records and Columbia Records.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Tuesday afternoon, GSOTD for today I will be adding six songs to the playlist but only four songs will be added to this post. @AlyssaPandora had posted her music selections yesterday on page 17 here in this post so I will just be adding two of her three choices to the GSOTD playlist, one is for explicit only. 1) Family (Single) by Jordan Rakei. 2) Lipstick by Willow. Thank you @AlyssaPandora for posting your selections, keep them coming when you can. The next song I will be adding comes from a Rap artist here on @Pandora who only has 1 listener per month as of right now, yes, you did read that right, just 1 listener. He is @rimanist  (Rimanist) the song I picked from his collection is DVR (Dreams Versus Reality). Please be sure to show this Rap artist your full support and go to his page and listen to his collection, I'm sure you will not be wasting your time. I will be adding the last three songs for today. Have a great Tuesday. 

Hip-hop//Rap: DVR (Dreams VS Reality) by Rimanist ( @rimanist ). DVR (Dreams VS Reality)   Rimanist was born and raised in Detroit, Mi. This artist looks forward to introducing his unique sound to the ears of the world. The adventure of being a recorded artist started in 2007 but music has influenced his life since middle school while participating in the freestyle battles during lunch. His project that dropped in 2018 was his Confli8ting Emotions. This followed by his latest project Dreams Vs Reality that is sweeping the world starting as of March 13, 2019. One of the most important things to Rimanist as an artist is having control of his creativity and the feel of the song/s that he creates.

Pop: Beggin' For Thread by BANKS. Beggin' For Thread    "Beggin for Thread" is a song recorded by American singer and songwriter Banks for her debut studio album, Goddess. It was released as the album's fourth single on July 22, 2014, by Harvest Records. The song was written by Banks, Jesse Rogg, and Tim Anderson, and produced by the latter two. "Beggin for Thread" garnered moderate chart success upon its release. In the United States, it peaked at number 11 on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart.

Synthpop: Castle by Halsey.  Castle  "Castle" is a song by American singer and songwriter Halsey. Originally recorded for her debut studio album, Badlands (2015), it was re-recorded for the soundtrack to the 2016 film The Huntsman: Winter's War. It was released on April 9, 2016, by Capitol as a promotional single from the record.

Pop: You Should See Me In A Crown by Billie Eilish.  You Should See Me In A Crown   “You Should See Me in a Crown” was inspired by a television show singer Billie Eilish and her brother (Finneas O’Connell) were watching where the exact same words are uttered. The character who made this quote, a villain, said so in reference to the potential havoc he would wreak...

MOHLovesAlaska

For GSOTD for this Wednesday I will be adding five songs, enjoy the music, and have a great Wednesday.

Country//Singer-Songwriter: Love Used To Be by Jewel. Love Used To Be   In 2014, Jewel divorced her husband, Ty Murray, after nearly six years of marriage. This song is a potent depiction of Jewel's emotional state following the decision to end their relationship. "I'm very proud of this lyric. It's completely non-commercial, six minutes long, and doesn't have a traditional structure, but I think lyrically if somebody was to look back on who I am or what I am as a writer and lyricist, this is a good example," she said. "It's a song that you have to listen to several times and it's a gut-wrenchingly honest take of where I was at in my life when I wrote it."

Folktronica//Dream pop: I'm No Angel by Dido. I'm No Angel  No Angel is the debut studio album by English singer-songwriter Dido. Originally released on 1 June 1999 in the United States, the album found a mass audience when it was released worldwide in February 2001. By 2003, the album has sold more than 15 million copies worldwide and was the second best-selling album of the 2000s in the UK.

Disco//R&B//Pop: Monster by Shawn Mendes & Justin Bieber.  Monster  " Monster " is a song by Canadian singers Shawn Mendes and Justin Bieber. The two wrote the song with Daniel Caesar, Mustafa the Poet, and its producer Frank Dukes. It was released by Island Records and Def Jam Recordings on November 20, 2020, as the second single from Mendes' upcoming fourth studio album Wonder (2020).

R&B: Saturday Nights by Khalid. Saturday Nights  In this song Khalid is singing about a girl who is going through a tough time has family issues and her parents don’t care. They are absent and Khalid cares about her in ways her parents don’t care/didn’t take the time to learn about her.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning, I have selected four songs for GSOTD for today. Enjoy the music. Have a great  Thursday. 

Pop: Everyone's Famous by Delta Goodrem. Everyone's Famous  Bridge over Troubled Dreams is the seventh studio album by Australian singer-songwriter Delta Goodrem. It was released on 14 May 2021 and serves as Goodrem's first album of all-new material since 2016's Wing's Of The Wild. 

Roots-rock//Country-rock: Someday Never Comes by CCR. Someday Never Comes  This song is about the cyclical nature of abandonment. Just as the narrator’s father leaves him at an early age, the narrator ends up abandoning his own son while he is still young. The chorus encourages the listener to learn this lesson soon since they too will experience abandonment.

Southern Rock: Call Me The Breeze by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Call Me The Breeze   "Call Me The Breeze" appeared on Cale's first solo album, a 1971 release called Naturally. He got his record deal after Eric Clapton recorded " After Midnight," a song Cale wrote and recorded with his band the Leathercoated Minds in 1966.

Jazz: Turn Me On by Norah Jones. Turn Me On   Norah Jones (born Geethali Norah Jones Shankar on March 30, 1979) is an American jazz-pop singer-songwriter and actress. "Turn Me On" is a song by John D. Loudermilk that was first recorded by Mark Dinning in 1961. Norah Jones released her version as the last single of her debut album Come Away with Me. Come Away with Me is the debut album of pianist and singer Norah Jones, released February 26, 2002, on Blue Note Records.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Saturday afternoon, for GSOTD for today I will be adding four songs, the first two are coming from two different playlists that @Pandora has shared here in the community. The first song is coming from the 4th Of July Playlist "Back In The U.S.A. (1999 Remaster) by Linda Ronstadt" and the second song is coming from the Classical Fireworks Playlist "What Are You Going To Do When You Are Not Saving The World? (From Man Of Steel) by London Music Works". Thank you @Pandora for sharing these playlists. 

Pop: Back In The U.S.A. (1999 Remaster) by Linda Ronstadt. Back In The U.S.A. (1999 Remaster)  "Back in the U.S.A." is a song written by Chuck Berry that was released in 1959 and was a top 40 hit. A cover version in 1978 by Linda Ronstadt was also a hit.

Soundtrack: What Are You Going To Do When You Are Not Saving The World? (From Man Of Steel) by London Music Works.  What Are You Going To Do When You Are Not Saving The World (From Man Of Steel)  London Music Works is a group of musicians specializing in the playing of film and TV soundtracks. Drawn from the best session musicians in London, many of them also perform in other ensembles, from classical orchestras to West End musicals and jazz bands.

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Captain Phillips): Second Attack by Henry Jackman.  Second Attack  Henry Pryce Jackman is an English composer, conductor, arranger, pianist, musician, and songwriter. He composed music for films such as Kong: Skull Island, X-Men: First Class, Winnie the Pooh, Wreck-It Ralph, Puss in Boots, Monsters vs. Aliens, Captain Phillips, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War, Kick-**ahem**, Kick-**ahem** 2, Big Hero 6, and The Interview, as well as the video games Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Disney Infinity 2.0.

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack: Theme (From Jaws) by London Symphony Orchestra & John Williams.  Theme (From ("Jaws")   The Jaws Theme by John Williams is the theme song to the 1975 film Jaws. It was ranked sixth on the American Film Institute's 100 Years of Film Scores. The main "shark" theme, a simple alternating pattern of two notes, E and F became a classic piece of suspense music, synonymous with approaching danger. Peter Griffin sings his version of the Jaws theme in " Play It Again, Brian " while Lois and Brian enjoy the view of Martha's Vineyard.

MOHLovesAlaska