cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

- Kpop or Jpop- Album of the Week

Listener001
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

How are you doing? As you can see this is a new playlist I'm working on.  And it's dedicated to Kpop. 

I will use this list to help others discover Kpop and Jpop music. Since I'm a huge fan I really wanted to share this.

Each week ill try to pick a new artist on rare occasions there may be the same artist but with a different album.

Feel free to recommend any albums that you know also.

Tags (3)
9 Replies

Listener001
Not applicable

Sat, Aug 21

Hey Everyone,

Who is ready for our first album to be added on here!

Alrighty, let's get started!!!

Our first album is Got Love by GOT7  https://pandora.app.link/HELQMz9sUib

Screenshot 2021-08-21 12.13.44.png

This album I discovered today after hearing from a friend that this group was another persons favorite kpop group and I decided well how about I give these guys a listen this group consists of seven members here's a few facts. about them.

The members are, JayB, Mark, Jackson, Jinyoung, Youngjae, Bambam, and Yugyeom.

This albums  genres are actually wide range from, Kpop hip-hop, trap, and R&B

And they released their debut album in 2014.

Okay, those are a few facts about them but here are a few facts about their album GotLove.

This album came out on june 3rd  2014.

This album is their second album.

JB helped in writing the lyrics.

What I like about this album is its upbeat tempo. At first, I didn't expect to hear this after listing to their first album yesterday. To be honest I expected something less hype and a slower tempo. but every song is on point. From A's fast danceable beat compared to forever young slow R&B tempo. you get the perfect mix of songs if you want to listen to an album where all the songs don't sound the same listen to this. You can get quite a variety. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 I am not familiar with this group, but I will make sure to check out the album.

Thanks for sharing! 😎

Listener001
Not applicable

Wed, Aug 25

Well, a full week hasn't passed yet and I'm obviously not posting on a Saturday. But since I plan on going somewhere on Saturday and il be busy that day.  I decided why not do this weekly post today.

today's album of the week was going to be a Korean band doing a Japanese album but there was a change of plans and I decided to do someone else. Because I kept listening to that someone's station and my favorite song from my favorite album from them showed up and I was like why not the other one can wait.

So today's album of the week is ...

TREASURE EP.FIN: All To Action by Ateez   https://pandora.app.link/V0vXbeCn1ib

Screenshot 2021-08-25 16.05.24.png

I discovered Ateez by a coincidence. My favorite Tiktoker's sister kept mentioning Ateez on her Twitter and how she was such a huge fan of them. Curiosity got the best of me and I'm glad they did because Ateez has become my second favorite kpop band.

Anyways that's enough about my discovery journey lets talk about the album. So this album genre is in between Kpop, hip-hop, and R&B. This album was released on October 8th, 2019. The genre mix is perfectly spread out on this album giving you a smooth listen. (I hope to buy this album.)

Well, I had to keep it short and simple. That's it for this week and don't forget to look forward to next week's post I have a surprise for you all. (Hint the next album is from my number one favorite K-pop group their pretty popular so you may know them.) 

Listener001
Not applicable

Thank you for checking this out I really appreciate you for that.  

planet_minjae
Local Performer

Hi! Maybe you haven't heard of them but I really recommend checking out MCND! They're a hip hop based group with some really good hard hitting songs.

https://www.pandora.com/artist/mcnd/mcnd-age/ALnX4433wr9tb3m 

This album is my fav! hope you enjoy 🙂

Listener001
Not applicable

Thu, Oct 7 

Hey since I'm around.  I decided why not drop by with add another segment to this selection.

And a special shout-out goes to @planet_minjae  for this edition because, @planet_minjae  suggested this group. 

Today we will be going over MCNDs album MCND AGE.

Screenshot 2021-10-07 14.43.55.png

The genre of this album is Kpop

The songs on this album are  

- INTRO : MCND AGE 

This is short and simple and has a super hype beat that's perfect for dancing to. but when you get to the second song of the album you are not aware of a song change so this flows perfectly. 

- Crush

This song should've had a collab with got 7 that would give this even more fire. 

- Louder

When I saw the title of this song I thought this song would be loud but I was wrong this is pretty smooth and almost low. 

- Ko, OK

You can not go against this song ¨bring it on¨  if you can they are champions ( sorry but the chorus is catchy)

- PLAYER

Have you heard the song Bang by AJR ??? ( i had to make that joke)

I'm getting Ateez vibes from this song 

- Outro

I have always seen the outro last this shocked me I see some originality here.

- Not over

I thought this was over. 

KUKIZOE
Opening Act

Formula of Love: O+T=<3 by TWICE

♡,
Kuki Yamazoe (KUKIZOE)

YuujiYamazoe_
Underground

Dude Kuki literally *shut up* fancy you is so much better. You even like the songs in that album don't deny. Didn't you pull inspiration from strawberry anyway?

however. I love ENTWURF. Nmixx album >>>>

Zo you'll like it too because Dice

♡, YuujiZoe
~Shine like a star 별 ☆★

KUKIZOE
Opening Act

Entwurf is a good album but expergo is better

I'm regretting showing you this place 

♡,
Kuki Yamazoe (KUKIZOE)
0 Kudos