cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

World Book Day โ€Œ๐Ÿ“˜โ€Œ

Pandora

In honor of World Book Day today, we're sharing Pandora + Audible collaborations for Chapter & Verse. 

American Girl by Wendy WalkerAmerican Girl by Wendy Walker

Chapter and Verse: Wendy Walker on 'American Girl'

International bestselling author Wendy Walker โ€” whose work includes spine-tingling thrillers like 'All is Not Forgotten' and 'Don't Look for Me' โ€” invites you into the musical world of her Audible Original, 'American Girl,' for Chapter & Verse. The audio production is a pulse-pounding journey into a small-town, where a business owner has been found dead and a teenage girl is caught in the crosshairs. Walker's song selections range from a Stevie Nicks classic to a catchy White Stripes hit, all of which create an essential, musical companion piece to 'American Girl.'

divider.png

Sierra Six by Mark GreaneySierra Six by Mark Greaney

Chapter and Verse: Mark Greaney on 'Sierra Six'

#1 New York Times bestselling author Mark Greaney exploded onto the scene back in 2009 with his international thriller โ€˜The Gray Manโ€™ โ€” which has been adapted into a big-budget action film starring Chris Evans, Ryan Gosling and Ana de Armas โ€” and his career hasnโ€™t slowed down since. From the 10 subsequent Gray Man novels that heโ€™s published, including his latest novel 'Sierra Six,' to co-authoring a number of Tom Clancy books, Greaney knows his way around a pulse-pounding story. It should come as no surprise, then, that his Chapter and Verse playlist is packed with rock favorites from artists like AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Chris Cornell and more. Listen to all his picks ahead, and then head over to Audible to get lost in the jaw-dropping action and tremendous intrigue of 'Sierra Six.'

divider.png

The Wish by Nicholas SparksThe Wish by Nicholas Sparks

Chapter and Verse: Nicholas Sparks on 'The Wish'

New York Times bestselling author of โ€˜The Notebook,โ€™ โ€˜A Walk to Remember,โ€™ โ€˜The Return,โ€™ and many more, Nicholas Sparks invites you into the musical world of his 2021 novel, 'The Wish,' for Chapter & Verse. The book, at its core, is about the enduring legacy of first love โ€” and the decisions that haunt us long after we make them. Selections range from "a timeless love song" by Sam Cooke, to a Faye Webster track that he thinks his main character would've related to as a teenager, all of which create a rich, musical companion piece to 'The Wish.'

divider.png

Carolyn Huynh, author of 'The Fortunes of Jaded Women,' discusses the music that helped inspire her multinarrative novel about "mourning, meddling, celebrating, and healing together as a family." From a Taylor Swift track focusing on themes of fate and destiny, to a 1979 hit from Fleetwood Mac, Huynh breaks down all the songs and their connections to her book for Pandora and Audible's Chapter and Verse.

divider.png

Pineapple Street by Jenny JacksonPineapple Street by Jenny Jackson

Chapter and Verse: Jenny Jackson on 'Pineapple Street'

Scenes of extravagant wealth overflow the gilded pages of Jenny Jackson's novel, 'Pineapple Street.' The Alfred A. Knopf executive editor-turned debut author crafts a complex, compelling story of three women in one of New York's most well-connected old money families, and her rich musical selections for Pandora and Audible's Chapter and Verse align perfectly with her charactersโ€™ experiences traversing the miles between the haves and have-nots, and the insanity of first love. From songs by Lorde and Lizzo to Japanese Breakfast, hear all of the music that played a key part in Jacksonโ€™s creative process while writing โ€˜Pineapple Street,โ€™ ahead.

divider.png

Check out other collaborations by Pandora + Audible here.

Let us know what your favorites are! ๐Ÿ“š๐ŸŽถ
1 Reply

@Pandora My favorite book to read is by far The Holy Bible (KJV), which is the translation I use...I read it on an average of 4x's through per year...I have been doing so since 2009...I have other books that I also like to read but the Bible is my go-to book...

Have a great day...Take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska