cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A different kind of account transfer

pkane3201
Local Performer

OK so my daughter had an account for YEARS, and she alwats let me use ot so across those same many years I fine tuned several stations to exactly how I like them.

She decided I could take over her account as I wanted to use Pandora Plus and she used other platforms and I SURE didn't want to try to make those stations again.

I tried to change her email in the account section to mine but it always kept saying the generic message "check the form" and I never knew what that meant so I decided to just put in a deletion request for her account and make my own.

NOW I realize at some point I must have MADE an account and never used it (as I was using hers) and although I was able to login to my old, unused account I have discovered it will take me a million man hours to tune those stations again to my liking. I have already spent countless hours working on this and am very frustrated.

My question is (If you have not falled asleep by now): Her account is still there and will expire in 30 days. Even if I delete my account and go back to re-activating hers, my email is still in use so that won't work.

Is there a way to transfer her collection over to my account? If not, I fear I am not ready to invest the hours and hours across the years to try to re-create what I once had.

Anyone with a suggestion? Yes, I suppose I could create a new email, but I really don't want multiple email addresses and one just for Pandora......but I suppose it's a thought.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for posting in the community @pkane3201!

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to transfer one account to another. The easiest option would be to delete the old inactive account under your current email address. Then, apply it that email address to the account with all of your stations and thumb feedback. Please keep in mind, Pandora only allows one email address per account.

If the account "expires" in 30 days, it sounds like there is a free 30-day trial or a paid subscription tied to the account. You won't be able to delete an account asssociated with an active free trial or paid subscription.

In the meantime, a member from our User Support team will reach out to you via email shortly to assist with this process. Thanks for your patience!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for posting in the community @pkane3201!

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to transfer one account to another. The easiest option would be to delete the old inactive account under your current email address. Then, apply it that email address to the account with all of your stations and thumb feedback. Please keep in mind, Pandora only allows one email address per account.

If the account "expires" in 30 days, it sounds like there is a free 30-day trial or a paid subscription tied to the account. You won't be able to delete an account asssociated with an active free trial or paid subscription.

In the meantime, a member from our User Support team will reach out to you via email shortly to assist with this process. Thanks for your patience!

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

pkane3201
Local Performer

Sounds like I need support help to decide on a resolution. The "old" account I was using Pandora Plus but couldn't change it to the desired email (as mentioned above not know some long period ago I must have created an account using the desired email address). So when I logged in to the new, I again started Pandora Plus and realized it would take half a lifetime to recreate/tune my stations back to where they were.

So now two accounts, old and new, with Pandora Plus.

0 Kudos

Patrick3201
Underground

I wish to acknowledge the incredible support from Pandora technical support in resolving my strange issue. Most Pandora listeners understand it's a long effort to tune your stations, not something most of us wish to start over. I made a mistake thinking it would be to quickly realize I was wrong. With adequate proof they connected me back to an old account and all my old original stations. I wish to thank Alyssa for her patience and complete understanding to merge/change accounts to find a very difficult resolution. THANK YOU PANDORA!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help. Enjoy the tunes!

0 Kudos