cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content disappears when Premium Access ends

Thecmunit
Local Performer

I really don't think you know what's going on with this app I'm even surprised I was able to submit this question. So the real thing is that I can never find my songs I put in it's not even saving my search so I made a playlist of my songs then a few minutes ago all of my dongs doubled like 10x so I deleted that then disided I would make a collection of my songs then the next day there not there. And a few days ago I had my playlist but all my songs we're exactly 00:00 long. So I tried to submit a question about that but the label was broken so I just quit

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

@Thecmunit Our support team took a look at your account and has confirmed that you have enabled multiple sessions of Pandora Premium.

If you accept a complimentary Premium Access session of Pandora Premium from Pandora (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Pandora Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. This would explain why it seems as if songs you've collected no longer show on your account when these free sessions of Premium end.

If you're eager to jump back into Pandora Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on our upgrade page

I hope this helps explain. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
91 Replies

AdamPandora

@Thecmunit Our support team took a look at your account and has confirmed that you have enabled multiple sessions of Pandora Premium.

If you accept a complimentary Premium Access session of Pandora Premium from Pandora (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Pandora Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. This would explain why it seems as if songs you've collected no longer show on your account when these free sessions of Premium end.

If you're eager to jump back into Pandora Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on our upgrade page

I hope this helps explain. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Bumps
Local Performer

12 selected albums no longer show in Collection even though they show as checked in Search. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Bumps. 👋

At this time, it looks like you're upgraded to a monthly Pandora Plus subscription. However, I did notice that you've initiated complimentary sessions of Premium recently. You can find out more about how Premium sessions work here.

++

Collecting Albums with Premium:

Pandora Premium makes it easy to access the content you want, when you want it.

• You can add songs, albums or podcasts to your collection and access them under My Collection.
  • You can collect tracks from the Now Playing screen, or search our library to collect music or podcasts to listen to later without disrupting the current track.
  • To add the Now Playing track to your collection, tap the add icon (+) below the album art.
  • To add songs, albums or podcasts to search to find what you are looking for, then tap the add icon on the song, album or podcast page.
  • A checkmark will appear to confirm your selection has been added. To remove collected sources, simply tap the checkmark that replaces the add icon.

++

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

If you're unable to view the albums in your collection, could this be happening because the complimentary session of Premium is over? Or, are you still in your session of Premium when you're attempting to locate the albums?

If you're able to send over a screenshot, this would be helpful too. Let me know what device you're using, and I can send over helpful steps to take the screenshot.

Thanks for your help with this!

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

hehales
Local Performer

I worked hard on creating a few playlists. today they are just not there! Help?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@hehales I moved your post to this thread since you have similar feedback.

To clarify, it looks like your account is currently set up with the free service - the ability to enjoy customized playlists is only an option with Pandora Premium.

I had our support team review your account, and they can see that you initiated a free session of Pandora Premium today by watching an ad.

This is what enabled to you create those customized playlists. When that session ended and your account reverted back to the free service, you no longer had access to the playlists. 

The playlists you set up will only be available when you are in that free Premium session, or if you officially upgrade to Pandora Premium.

If you'd like to officially upgrade, you can do so here.

Hope this helps explain! 😄

0 Kudos

marianab_king1
Local Performer

Hi I never log out of my pandora on my phone but the last time I used it was a week ago and all my playlists were there but now they are all gone. And I tried logging out and logging out just before writing this and they are still gone but the thumbs up playlist and collection are still there. Help please.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@marianab_king1 I moved your post to this thread since you were experiencing a similar issue.

I had our support team take a look at your account, and it appears you have been enabling free sessions of Pandora Premium by watching an ad.

This is what was allowing you to create customized playlists.

When these free sessions of Pandora Premium end, your account reverts back to the free service, and you no longer have access to customized playlists.

For a complete explanation of how Pandora Premium sessions work, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

dancer123
Local Performer

Hello! For some reason, any playlist that I save will not show up in my collection. However, when I search the playlist it marks it as in my collection. If anyone has any clue on how to fix this problem please let me know! Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@dancer123 I moved your post to this thread since you are running into a similar issue.

To clarify, it looks like your account is currently set up with the free service. Customized playlists are only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

I had our support team take a look at your account, and it appears you have been enabling free sessions of Pandora Premium by watching an ad.

When these free sessions of Pandora Premium end, your account reverts back to the free service, and you no longer have access to customized playlists.

For a complete explanation of how Pandora Premium sessions work, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps. 😁

0 Kudos

Kingjared117
Local Performer

My demons and wizard playlist was removed

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Kingjared117 I moved your post to this thread since you are running into a similar issue.

To clarify, it looks like your account is currently set up with the free service. Customized playlists are only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

That would confirm why the Demons and Wizard playlist no longer shows in your collection at the end of those Premium sessions.

For a complete explanation of how Pandora Premium sessions work, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

dinar66012
Local Performer

I took about an hour picking out the artist that I like and now I don't see not one? Where is it located. I just started this account last night.  I handpicked all the artist I liked where are they, now? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@dinar66012 I moved your post to this thread since you are running into a similar issue: Content disappears when Premium session ends

It looks like your account is currently set up with the free service - the ability to collect and stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium.

I had our support team review your account, and they mentioned you enabled a free session of Pandora Premium by interacting with an advertisement - this is what allowed you to hand pick specific artists and add them to your collection.

For a complete explanation on this, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

fvialpando
Local Performer

My little brother deleted a playlist I just made and I just want this one playlist back and I was wondering if there was a way to do so

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@fvialpando I can help with this - what is the name of the playlist that was deleted?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

fvialpando
Local Performer

the name was “@w “

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@fvialpando I moved your post to this thread since it is more in line with the issue you are experiencing: Content disappears when Premium session ends

That would confirm why the @w playlist no longer shows in your collection at the end of those Premium sessions.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Zykendrick
Local Performer

I was listening to music while doing chores, and after I finished I logged off of Pandora. When ever I tried to log back in, my playlist was gone. That playlist has a lot of songs that I liked but didn't remember the names to. If possible, please try to recover my playlist, I really liked it. 

If this information could somehow help, the name of the playlist is "Legends Never Die" and it was made on 10/27/2020.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Zykendrick I moved your post over to this existing thread: Content disappears when Premium session ends

That would confirm why the Legends Never Die playlist no longer shows in your collection at the end of those Premium sessions.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos