Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 06/17/23:

In the past, free listeners and Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

Now, if you search for and select the name of an artist, track, or album, you'll be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station OR press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since on-demand listening is a feature for Premium subscribers, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock Premium access.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Premium or accepting Premium access is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to view the video ad and accept Premium access, rest assured that you won't be billed an additional amount for Premium; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service. 

I hope this helps to explain. Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
40 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 06/17/23:

In the past, free listeners and Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

Now, if you search for and select the name of an artist, track, or album, you'll be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station OR press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since on-demand listening is a feature for Premium subscribers, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock Premium access.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Premium or accepting Premium access is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to view the video ad and accept Premium access, rest assured that you won't be billed an additional amount for Premium; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service. 

I hope this helps to explain. Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Isabellasacona2 To clarify, it looks like your account is currently set up with the free service. Customized playlists are only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

I had our support team take a look at your account, and it appears you have been enabling free sessions of Pandora Premium by watching an ad.

This is what was allowing you to create customized playlists.

When these free sessions of Pandora Premium end, your account reverts back to the free service, and you no longer have access to customized playlists.

For a complete explanation of how Pandora Premium sessions work, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Jcounts
Local Performer

I need my playlist restored named foxhole

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jcounts I moved your post over to this existing thread: Content disappears when Premium Access ends

To clarify, it looks like your account is upgraded to Pandora Plus. Customized playlists are only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

I had our support team take a look at your account, and it appears you have been enabling free sessions of Pandora Premium by watching an ad.

When these free sessions of Pandora Premium end, your account reverts back to your regular service, and you no longer have access to customized playlists.

For a complete explanation of how Pandora Premium sessions work, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Tmarsh0465
Local Performer

I had two playlists. Mine and Beach I think. Please help.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tmarsh0465 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Content disappears when Premium Access ends

To clarify, it looks like your account is upgraded to Pandora Plus. Customized playlists are only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

When these free sessions of Pandora Premium end, your account reverts back to your regular service, and you no longer have access to customized playlists.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Cbraendle42
Local Performer

Hello, could you please restore mine as well? Is there a reason why these are vanishing and not able to be added back by ourselves?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cbraendle42 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Content disappears when Premium Access ends

To clarify, it looks like your account is upgraded to Pandora Plus. Customized playlists (including your My Thumbs Up playlist) are only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

This is what was allowing you to listen to your My Thumbs Up playlist.

When these free sessions of Pandora Premium end, your account reverts back to your regular service, and you no longer have access to playlists.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Crinsem
Local Performer

I lost my thumbs up play list. How can it be restored ? 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Crinsem I moved your post over to this existing thread: Content disappears when Premium Access ends

To clarify, it looks like your account is upgraded to Pandora Plus. Customized playlists (including your My Thumbs Up playlist) are only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

When these free sessions of Pandora Premium end, your account reverts back to your regular service, and you no longer have access to playlists.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Ok79blondie
Local Performer

My thumbs up playlist will play for a short time (3-4 songs), then it stops working. I have pandora premium.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ok79blondie It looks like your account is upgraded to Pandora Plus through Apple - not Pandora Premium.

In order to listen to that playlist without your account reverting back to Pandora Plus after a few songs, you will need to fully upgrade to Pandora Premium.

To upgrade to Premium on your iOS device:

1. Go to the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar.
  2. Tap on the Settings gear in the upper right hand corner.
  3. Select Subscription. From here you can view your current plan, as well as your options for upgrading to Premium.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Lukeistaken
Local Performer

I have been trying to add chippin in by samurai, really by refused, but Pandora won't save it. What the **ahem** do I need to do?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lukeistaken I moved your post over to this existing thread: Content disappears when Premium Access ends

To clarify, it looks like your account is set up with the free service. The ability to listen to songs on demand and add them to your collection is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

This is what was allowing you to listen to that song on demand.

When these free sessions of Pandora Premium end, your account reverts back to your regular service, and you no longer have access to the song you added to your collection.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Lukeistaken
Local Performer
This is a question about adding variety to a station that you have created.
Only this one song wouldn't add.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lukeistaken Thank you for clarifying that with me.

I've passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can further investigate.

0 Kudos

Thatoneguy10311
Local Performer

Would you be able to restore my thumbs up collection. I had a bunch but I'm not able to see it now...

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Thatoneguy10311 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Content disappears when Premium Access ends

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

sheridives
Local Performer

My thumbs up play list was deleted by a housemember who has since had privileges revoked! Lol. Any way to restore it?

0 Kudos