cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different track played from thumbed up version

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

Would you morons stop screwing with the albums that songs are on!! They don't change that much and neither does the artwork! You didn't do stupid s*** like this before Sirius XM bought you

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Thanks for the help and replies @Trevor1 and @NikkiW! 🙌

Hi @-_-1 

Looking through the thread, it sounds like the track Society by Eddie Vedder played from another album that wasn't the one you thumbed up on your station (Acoustic & Instrumental) Radio.

Checking our catalog, the track Society is available on two separate albums, Into The Wild (Music For The Motion Picture) and Earthling Expansion: The Calm Cuts.

Keep in mind that thumbs up and seeds on your stations will inspire similar music to play. Since the track is associated with more than one album, that's what appears to be happening. Listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on your stations. The use of thumbs and seeds let's Pandora know the type of music you'd like to listen to but doesn't necessarily mean that particular track will play each time.

As a free ad supported user, I would recommend continue to customize your experience by using thumbs up and down on your stations to let Pandora know what you like and don't like. If you'd prefer not to hear the version of Society that played from another album, feel free to thumb it down. It will only apply to that particular track and only on that station. You can always go back and edit your thumbs later.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Trevor1
On the Rise

Not sure how helpful that is going to be. Maybe consider providing some examples and details?

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

Let me see if I can find it I lost the chance for a screenshot yesterday. But what I noticed at the time was that something I had liked previously although the same song, was a different album and album artwork from the one I remember thumbing up. Almost like it had been replaced

0 Kudos

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

Screenshot_20240316-130635~2.png

 see the song with the check mark that's the one I thumbed up but it's not the one that got played what confused me was the fact that the song that got played also was thumbed up. Same song Same artist two different albums and album artwork: one is already in my thumbed up & the other isn't. Which normally wouldn't be a problem if it didn't show up as having already been thumbed up

0 Kudos

Trevor1
On the Rise

Thank you for the additional information, it seems the song appears on two different albums. So did you have it saved in your library and then it was changed? Did you have it saved in a playlist and it was changed? 

IMG_0057.pngIMG_0058.png

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

No. it was a seed and a thumb up on the station that you can see at the top of my screenshot. also I checked the album on Pandora and that song is not listed under the album

Screenshot_20240316-142156.png

Screenshot_20240316-142906.png

0 Kudos

NikkiW
Opening Act

There is more than one version of that album and Society is a song on at least one with the art you showed in the most recent screenshot. I’m not sure why Pandora would change art but I’d like to help if I can. Album art is very important to me too

NikkiW
Opening Act

IMG_5433.jpeg

 this is another version of the album on Pandora 

Trevor1
On the Rise

it is there for me, are you saying the song is missing from the album for you? 

IMG_0059.png

0 Kudos

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

I only showed what I could find but I'm a free member so. If you look up at my previous messages you'll notice that this is only an extension of my issue

0 Kudos

Trevor1
On the Rise

There are three versions of the album, Calm Cuts, Rock Cuts, Adventurous Cuts.  The Song appears on Calm Cuts. Your screenshot is the wrong album.

IMG_0060.png

0 Kudos

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough
  1. Three Cuts or no, doesn't change the fact that the wrong Society was playing on my station... this kind of stuff never used to happen before Sirius XM took over Pandora

0 Kudos

NikkiW
Opening Act

I’m sorry I wish I could be more helpful but I don’t think I’ve ever had this happen to me. Like I said I understand the importance of album art and it would probably drive me crazy. If I come up with any ideas I’ll definitely come back and share! 

0 Kudos

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

I appreciate that. But also if you take a look at a couple of other posts I've started you'll notice that issues you all have are not limited to this

0 Kudos

NikkiW
Opening Act

I’m not sure what you mean by “you all” but I’m just another listener trying to help because I love music. I don’t work for them or anything. In case you thought I should know more about how to help with your issue I don’t completely understand. 

Trevor1
On the Rise

The wrong song was playing on your station? Are you saying Society was playing but it wasn’t by Eddie Vedder or the station just chose the same song but from the other album on which it is found? How is that the wrong song? If it is a Station, how can it be playing a wrong song when it chooses what is played not you?

0 Kudos

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

Okay you don't work for them that's on me, but it doesn't change what I said you can still look at the other posts I started.

0 Kudos

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

Pretty sure we've already established what I'm talking about. Eddie Vedder has Society on two albums 1 on the Into The Wild soundtrack, and 2 the Earthling calm cuts one, the issue is the one that is a part of my station is from Into the Wild but the one playing is from calm cuts which by the way hasn't happened until yesterday

0 Kudos

Trevor1
On the Rise

Actually they don’t have to look at the other post, they were trying to help you with an issue you posted about. So maybe thanking them for taking time to try and help would he a decent idea. We offered possible explanations and tried to understand what your issue actually was. We don’t need to go look at your past issues, we were trying to help with the current issue.  

Trevor1
On the Rise

So a station simply played the same song but pulled it from a different album and that is a problem?