cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorites

EinsteinN
Underground

Hello Pandora.

I'm very new to Pandora, so some of the features are not noticeable. I want to favorite ABBA as an artist, but I don't know how to do that. Can you please show me?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EinsteinN To clarify, there isn't necessarily a way to "favorite" any given artist.

This being said, I do see you were able to add Abba Radio to your collection.

As you hear tracks on that station that you like, do as @UncleBud says and give them a Thumbs Up. If you hear any tracks you don't want to hear on that station, make sure to give them a Thumbs Down.

Using this feature will allow you to guide your station towards playing more of the music you want to hear, and less of the music you don't.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is some additional information about how Pandora works:

Pandora offers three ways to listen: free ad-supported Pandora, Pandora Plus, and Pandora Premium. Each option offers access to our industry-leading radio and podcast service.

As an ad-supported or Pandora Plus listener, you can access stations designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and Pandora will do the rest. Music that is similar to your musical tastes will play in your station.

When listening to stations, you are able to rate music by giving it a Thumbs Up (meaning you like it and want more music like that on your station) or Thumbs Down (meaning you don't like it, or don't want music like that on this particular station). When you give a song a Thumbs Down, that song will never play again on that station.

We use a similar, personalized approach to help you discover podcasts and recommend new ones to you. Thumb up podcast episodes you love, and we’ll recommend more podcasts like it! Thumb down episodes you don’t like, and we’ll tune our recommendations accordingly.

Pandora Premium subscribers can enjoy the same service along with the ability to listen to music on-demand and create custom playlists.

For more tips on how to use Pandora, check out our help page.

To read about the additional benefits Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium, just ask, or visit the following link.

Hope this helps. Thanks for listening!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@EinsteinN Hi! To start off, search for an ABBA song you like. When the song starts playing you, just above the Thumbs Up button you will see 3 dots ( like 3 periods on top of each other). Push this button and you will see the option to Start Station. Push this button and you have created an ABBA station.

Since you're new let me encourage you to use the Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down button when listening to a station. This helps Pandora figure out what kind  music you want to hear on that station.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EinsteinN To clarify, there isn't necessarily a way to "favorite" any given artist.

This being said, I do see you were able to add Abba Radio to your collection.

As you hear tracks on that station that you like, do as @UncleBud says and give them a Thumbs Up. If you hear any tracks you don't want to hear on that station, make sure to give them a Thumbs Down.

Using this feature will allow you to guide your station towards playing more of the music you want to hear, and less of the music you don't.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is some additional information about how Pandora works:

Pandora offers three ways to listen: free ad-supported Pandora, Pandora Plus, and Pandora Premium. Each option offers access to our industry-leading radio and podcast service.

As an ad-supported or Pandora Plus listener, you can access stations designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and Pandora will do the rest. Music that is similar to your musical tastes will play in your station.

When listening to stations, you are able to rate music by giving it a Thumbs Up (meaning you like it and want more music like that on your station) or Thumbs Down (meaning you don't like it, or don't want music like that on this particular station). When you give a song a Thumbs Down, that song will never play again on that station.

We use a similar, personalized approach to help you discover podcasts and recommend new ones to you. Thumb up podcast episodes you love, and we’ll recommend more podcasts like it! Thumb down episodes you don’t like, and we’ll tune our recommendations accordingly.

Pandora Premium subscribers can enjoy the same service along with the ability to listen to music on-demand and create custom playlists.

For more tips on how to use Pandora, check out our help page.

To read about the additional benefits Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium, just ask, or visit the following link.

Hope this helps. Thanks for listening!