cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add variety to a station

alc515
Local Performer

Hello!

I'm hoping the community has some good answers for me...

I use to be able to 'Add Variety' to a station I already created.

I am familiar with going to the Station details to see the seeds the 'Station Created From', however I no longer see the button to 'Add Variety'. When I click on the '...' (ellipsis) that would give me an option to 'Edit Station', that option is greyed out- I can see it, but I can't click it.

Is this for Pandora Plus members or for Pandora Premium members? Or does this option not exist at all anymore?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
105 Replies

WyrmworksDale
Local Performer

This no longer works. Im a Plus subscriber, and I have a station initially based on the Christmas station back in 2011. 

When I click the Edit ✏️ button, I get Thumbed Up Songs and Thumbed Down Songs but no longer "Add Variety." I tried this on both the iOS app and on the website.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WyrmworksDale What is the name of the station you are unable to add variety to?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Sail1
Local Performer

How do I add a song I like and want to share to Coffee House Covers ?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sail1 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to add variety to a station

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how to add that song as variety to your station.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

PitchNinja
Local Performer

AdamPandora, I think the problem may be the stations aren't created by the users but by pandora and the ones created by pandora are the ones that can't have variety added to them.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @PitchNinja

You won't be able to add variety to Genre Stations created by Pandora. Since these stations are curated by Pandora they behave a little bit differently than personalized stations. Adding Variety could change your listening experience on these stations; and added seeds would most likely inspire music outside of the scope of the intended genre.

You can however, create a new station based on your favorite artist or track from the genre station. Then further customize your experience by using thumbs, seeds or Modes to improve your listening.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos